Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: How do we get one started in St. Mary's County?

  1. #21
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,895
    One of my coworkers lives in there, evidently that subdivision has a pretty lively HOA FB page, and he would give me daily updates as the battle raged across there :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

  2. #22
    Registered User mudpuddle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte Hall
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    One of my coworkers lives in there, evidently that subdivision has a pretty lively HOA FB page, and he would give me daily updates as the battle raged across there :)
    that was good you were getting information!
    kursplatkursplatkursplatkursplat

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuddle View Post

    Anyone have good advice/ or know how this could be started (or where to start) in St. Mary's County?

    I am really interested in this process!
    Step #1 Find a rich donor who likes puppies.
    Step #2 - 245 will fall in place.

  4. #24
    Registered User mudpuddle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte Hall
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Step #1 Find a rich donor who likes puppies.
    Step #2 - 245 will fall in place.
    If I could find a rich donor, I would have been able to find a rich husband! lol
    kursplatkursplatkursplatkursplat

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuddle View Post
    If I could find a rich donor, I would have been able to find a rich husband! lol
    Or you do it like folks in Calvert: Deception, lies and back-room deals.

  6. #26
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Or you do it like folks in Calvert: Deception, lies and back-room deals.
    Ain't that the truth. From what I've read on it, spent 4 times the normal cost of construction, on an arranged deal with no competitive bid process at all, under the guise of entering into a lease agreement with an option to purchase on a building with ground never have being broken or one nail hammered, site unseen, on land the county itself used to own sold to the developer that is selling (sold) it back with a pretty building on it now of course. Ahhhh, ain't life grand? When you can make a few million of them off the back of the taxpayers in Calvert, with complicit commissioners and county staff?

    I wonder what Liberty dude's take on it is? Or Northbeach dude?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  7. 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Ain't that the truth. From what I've read on it, spent 4 times the normal cost of construction, on an arranged deal with no competitive bid process at all, under the guise of entering into a lease agreement with an option to purchase on a building with ground never have being broken or one nail hammered, site unseen, on land the county itself used to own sold to the developer that is selling (sold) it back with a pretty building on it now of course. Ahhhh, ain't life grand? When you can make a few million of them off the back of the taxpayers in Calvert, with complicit commissioners and county staff?

    I wonder what Liberty dude's take on it is? Or Northbeach dude?

    I don't have any information on whether the builder over-charged.

    I do however know that had the republican commissioners said 'hey, we'll borrow 4 million extra to build this super-duper snazzy animal shelter to do a job we currently purchase via inter-governmental contract', they would have been driven out of office with torches and pitchforks. Using the ruse of the 'public private partnership' and 'a non-profit to run it', they sold it as basically free to the taxpayers. And like ####ing magic, the moment the place is built they use emergency authority to borrow the money and buy out the private partner..... Nah, everything on the up&up.

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by wharf rat View Post
    I see a forum member in one of the pics.
    Noticed one of my clients was quoted in the article as well.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

  10. #29
    http://www.boarddocs.com/md/stmarysc...d=AZFG5N42285F

    I think that notation at the end of the memo, stating that on Oct 24, 2018 the Board made the decision to move forward, must be a typo and is probably meant to read 2017
    Last edited by BusinessTime; 10-12-2018 at 10:05 AM.

  11. 10-12-2018, 10:25 AM

  12. #30
    Honorary SMIB NorthBeachPerso's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Beach
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Ain't that the truth. From what I've read on it, spent 4 times the normal cost of construction, on an arranged deal with no competitive bid process at all, under the guise of entering into a lease agreement with an option to purchase on a building with ground never have being broken or one nail hammered, site unseen, on land the county itself used to own sold to the developer that is selling (sold) it back with a pretty building on it now of course. Ahhhh, ain't life grand? When you can make a few million of them off the back of the taxpayers in Calvert, with complicit commissioners and county staff?

    I wonder what Liberty dude's take on it is? Or Northbeach dude?
    My take at the time was that there was something off about the deal but I couldn't quite figure out what.

    The reality is that rural pioneers who move into formerly agricultural areas are bat #### crazy sometimes about animals. That was one area where Linda Kelley didn't see eye to eye on.

    I'm sick of people who insist their animals are just like people and demand they be treated like their kids. Fur Mommy or Fur Daddy my rosy red ass. No insult intended to RoseRed.

    I watched a dog that got loose from its owner destroy a popular vendor's stand at our Farmer's Market earlier this year. The owner thought it was the cutest thing he'd ever seen. The vendor never returned.

Members who have read this thread: 107

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |