How do we get one started in St. Mary's County?

Chris0nllyn

This is fantastic news- "a dream come true" for Calvert County! We need "a dream come true" of the same kind for St. Mary's County!

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1018/itsanewdayforthedogsandcatsincalvert.html?platform=hootsuite

Anyone have good advice/ or know how this could be started (or where to start) in St. Mary's County?

I am really interested in this process!

Thank's in advance for your interest and any replies/advice/knowledge!!!

Get your commissioners on board and wait for years.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I see a forum member in one of the pics.:howdy:
Noticed one of my clients was quoted in the article as well.:yay:

mudpuddle

yes, I thought about that, too. I have no idea....this is definitely one horrible problem, and I really don't think there is the perfect solution, at least not in my lifetime, but at least this is a start-even though it is a small one-it is a huge accomplishment1

stgislander

PREMO Member
I seem to remember that after Calvert decided to go it on their own, St Mary's and Charles decided it was better to continue with a combined shelter.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I seem to remember that after Calvert decided to go it on their own, St Mary's and Charles decided it was better to continue with a combined shelter.

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was more Charles decided to go on their own. As of right now Calvert has its shelter, Charles is upgrading the Tri-County site and St. Mary's is out in the cold.

mudpuddle

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was more Charles decided to go on their own. As of right now Calvert has its shelter, Charles is upgrading the Tri-County site and St. Mary's is out in the cold.

Of course! St. Mary's is always the neglected one out of the three IMHO.