Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remnants of Hurricane Michael

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    still out this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Are you calling KwilliaBear a dingaling?
    No. She's a juggler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Maybe she meant Chuck Berry.
    No, he's an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    For those that lost power, did you happen to go outside and look at the sky by any chance? I was out at 3am and it was magnificent. I never though of my area as being that well lit, but I guess it is - I've haven't seen it that bright in a very long time.

Last time I went to China Lake, I left at 330 am to head to LA. Stopped about an hour away from Ridgecrest just to spent 10 minutes admiring the sky :)
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

For those that lost power, did you happen to go outside and look at the sky by any chance? I was out at 3am and it was magnificent. I never though of my area as being that well lit, but I guess it is - I've haven't seen it that bright in a very long time.
    Are you sure that wasn't parking lot spotlights?
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Channel 9 had a reporter in the Dorf last night covering the flooding. Anybody hear the official rain totals for SoMD?
    Im in Charlotte Hall and my rain gauge is pretty right on, it shows just over 5 inches. But between 6pm and 9pm it record 4 inches. My neighborhood had standing water in the just about every yard where the water flows past driveways. Ive been here for 40 years and my street which has a small creek that starts where the construction for the new McKays is suppose to be and runs underneath the Three Notch Trail flooded out where it comes through my street at both locations. It has never ever come close to doing what it did last night. There is about a 4 foot elevation from the creek to the road. As far as winds last night not so much around here, sticks and twigs is all Ive seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Are you sure that wasn't parking lot spotlights?
    I don't live anywhere near a parking lot. Seriously, I have never seen them that bright. I was looking at them first through the trees and thought one was probably the moon until I walked out from underneath. I didn't even see the moon. It might be though that I had that cataract surgery. Whatever it was, that was the first time all the power was out everywhere and they were brilliant.

I don't live anywhere near a parking lot. Seriously, I have never seen them that bright. I was looking at them first through the trees and thought one was probably the moon until I walked out from underneath. I didn't even see the moon. It might be though that I had that cataract surgery. Whatever it was, that was the first time all the power was out everywhere and they were brilliant.

I was snoozing at 330am.

From SMECO's FB page, posted about 20 minutes ago:

Tropical Storm Michael came through Southern Maryland last night, causing more than 24,000 outages. Our crews were able to restore more than 21,000 outages as of 6 a.m. and they continue to work in an effort to restore service for the remaining 2,715 members without power.

Great job, folks!

Got another 7 hours run time on the genset, just changed the oil, filter and plugs .
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Channel 9 had a reporter in the Dorf last night covering the flooding. Anybody hear the official rain totals for SoMD?
    The official total in Ridge is 6.86”.

Did southern St Mary’s get hit worst than the rest of the area? I’ve seen numerous trees across wires this morning in my travels. Lots of standing water and tree limbs on the roads. Our power has been off since 11 last night. No cable internet. Verizon cell service has been very spotty until about an hour ago - bouncing from no service to 1x to 3g. Based on my observations at 6:30 I just knew schools would be closed. We are the red headed step children down here in the south I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by TPD View Post
    The official total in Ridge is 6.86”.

Did southern St Mary’s get hit worst than the rest of the area? I’ve seen numerous trees across wires this morning in my travels. Lots of standing water and tree limbs on the roads. Our power has been off since 11 last night. No cable internet. Verizon cell service has been very spotty until about an hour ago - bouncing from no service to 1x to 3g. Based on my observations at 6:30 I just knew schools would be closed. We are the red headed step children down here in the south I guess....
    Family in Dameron lost power (still out this morning) and numerous trees down.

Members who have read this thread: 83