Remnants of Hurricane Michael

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Wrecking havoc in the area with wicked winds and torrential rain. Already almost 6,900 customers without electricity per SMECO, with the majority of 5,700+ in St. Mary's. :frown:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We're getting some water in through the top seam of our back patio door.
No other doors or windows are leaking, except the side door on the garage.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We never lost power. Cable, yes. I heard some branches hit the truck and his car, which was promptly moved farther out into the yard. Still too dark to see any damage this morning when I left for work.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Never lost power or cable, although the power did blink a few times. Two hour delay for schools in St. Mary's County, many folks still without power, and lots of roads closed due to flooding.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Power was out at the Rt5&Rt235 intersection by the WAWA. No traffic lights or anything south along the highway.

Never lost power in Leonardtown but did have to look for my trash cans this morning while the truck warmed up.

glhs837

Power with Control
some smaller branches down, lost power from 11pm to 3am. Extra caution riding in, but otherwise no effects. Gotta say, AWESOME ride in, love me some low 50s.

Forgot, light is out by Gate 3, was flowing really well with an officer directing.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Never lost power or cable, although the power did blink a few times. Two hour delay for schools in St. Mary's County, many folks still without power, and lots of roads closed due to flooding.

KwilliaBear lost power last night. DingaLing asked me if the internet was back on. It never went out. :lol:

Hannibal

From PF. Got A LOT of rain yesterday evening and overnight. Wind picked up hard late at night. Never lost power. Opened the windows before bed (was 72-73 out). Woke up to 58 degrees. Felt great. Wind blew through the house hard enough to knock a few things off the dresser. Sleeping was great. Didn't see any evidence of downed trees at my house or on my drive in. Definitely some small branches and a lot of leaves blown about.

This morning the air was dry and chilly. Ran before work (Inner Harbor) and it actually burned the lungs a little. It's been a long time since that's happened. Still quite breezy. Baltimore didn't see much rain but given that a lot of work zone signage is blown over, they must have seen some decent winds (at least on the water).

stgislander

PREMO Member
Channel 9 had a reporter in the Dorf last night covering the flooding. Anybody hear the official rain totals for SoMD?

glhs837

Power with Control
For those that lost power, did you happen to go outside and look at the sky by any chance? I was out at 3am and it was magnificent. I never though of my area as being that well lit, but I guess it is - I've haven't seen it that bright in a very long time.

Last time I went to China Lake, I left at 330 am to head to LA. Stopped about an hour away from Ridgecrest just to spent 10 minutes admiring the sky :)