Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remnants of Hurricane Michael

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Family in Dameron lost power (still out this morning) and numerous trees down.
    We lost power at our place on St. George's for a brief period last night and then again for only a "blink" this morning. However, with the blinkout this morning, our cable service died and has yet to reappear.

We're headed up river to our other island in a few hours so hopefully everything is OK up there and everything here will be back up by the time we return on Sunday. Hopefully.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    We lost power at our place on St. George's for a brief period last night and then again for only a "blink" this morning. However, with the blinkout this morning, our cable service died and has yet to reappear.

We're headed up river to our other island in a few hours so hopefully everything is OK up there and everything here will be back up by the time we return on Sunday. Hopefully.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

The kayaks on the hook were banging against the deck and woke me up in the middle of the night, so I turned the scanner on out of curiosity. Sounded like most tree down calls were in the south end of the county. At one point, the fire department had to ask someone to call SMECO: “but they should already be there - they are the ones that called you”. FD response after a very brief hesitation: “oh they are here - they are at the end of the road asleep”. 😂. God bless our 1st responders, SMECO and ‘Murica.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Power was out about an hour starting around 1 AM here in the Pembrooke subdivision.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Members who have read this thread: 83