SF School Board Drops Pledge Replaces With Quotes From Black Authors, Gay Leaders

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cook later said he broke tradition because few people know where the Pledge of Allegiance came from, anyway. "If you ask 10 Americans who wrote it, or when it was implemented, or why it is how we start our meetings, a lot of us would be hard pressed" to answer, he said.

"Cook said he plans to select quotes or the writings of a range of inspirational Americans, including writer Toni Morrison, gay rights icon Harvey Milk and novelist James Baldwin," the Chronicle wrote.

Cook claimed he was not snubbing the Pledge for press (although the move garnered much from the liberal media).

“I'm not doing it as a way to seek attention,” he said. “I really think that these people are a great testament to our values and who we should aspire to be as Americans.”

San Francisco School Board President Drops Pledge Of Allegiance, Replaces With Quotes From Black Authors, Gay Leaders

Hijinx

Gee: Isn't it great, the children will be getting quotes from Harvey Milk to open the class day.

WTF is wrong with these people that they would allow this dipsh1t to do such a thing?

I swear California is truly populated by sheep.

Clem72

One day SF will shake again and slip beneath the waves. :yay:

The major faultlines for CA are lateral strike-slip, not subduction. So it's equally likely that they will shake again and the rest of the North America will fall beneath the waves leaving CA alone (that is to say, both are basically impossible). They could slide down into Mexico though.

black dog

Free America
Gee: Isn't it great, the children will be getting quotes from Harvey Milk to open the class day..

Long standing joke with working for Otis elevator and having to work in San Francisco,
" Whatever you do, don't ride the elevators at City Hall "

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
Gee: Isn't it great, the children will be getting quotes from Harvey Milk to open the class day.

WTF is wrong with these people that they would allow this dipsh1t to do such a thing?

I swear California is truly populated by sheep.

There isn't any plan to implement this in the classrooms. In fact state education code requires it in the classroom. It was for the school board's monthly meeting...

b23hqb

PREMO Member
5 will get you 10 that children won't be allowed to opt out like they can with the Pledge.

Yup. Will those kids that refuse to participate be awarded and supported for their stance like their co-students that dissed the pledge or the anthem? Don't think so.

Hijinx

There isn't any plan to implement this in the classrooms. In fact state education code requires it in the classroom. It was for the school board's monthly meeting...

That's great . A San Francisco School Board will probably love Harvey Milk quotes such as " Bend over and touch your toes and I will show you where the wild goose goes"
or "Bend over,and Spread your cheeks sweetie."