Before I go on....

seekeroftruth

Things are about to get crazy in the book of Revelations.... as if the greatest earthquake to ever take place isn't crazy enough.... it's going to get really crazier than that..... so I want to look back.

Look, I admit, I'm not someone who should be doing a Bible Study on Revelation. I'm an old woman who didn't find a Bible she could understand until she was in her 20's. When I did find a Bible I could understand a preacher threw it in a bon fire because it wasn't the KJV. I was in my 30's when a Nazarene preacher helping out in a Methodist Church introduced me to the NIV. I'm an old woman with an online Bible and some online commentary. I'm not Seminary educated person.... it's just me and the book and some stuff I picked up in churches around the east coast.

I believe history repeats itself. It's not an identical circle but it does roll along so it's fairly predictable.

I believe history repeats itself in human lives as well.

I've been looking for some grand plan in chapters one through six.... but now, looking back, I have to admit.... these first six chapters have to be about the past, the church, humans, and future events all combined.

We've been reading the past. I've been posting verses from the Bible from Genesis 1:1 and now we're in 2 Kings 11. In the past.... all the way back to Adam and Eve... the past has a glaring problem. The chosen people of God start out declaring their undying devotion to God... and then their bellies start to growl... or they're bored with what they have... or they start thinking what everyone else has is better than theirs.... or they get complacent and get off path.... then things get worse and worse and worse and then Jesus has to go bail them out.... and they are grateful and they promise to stay true and then their bellies start to growl and it starts all over again.

In the Church.... After hearing the Gospel from the Messiah Himself.... the church was new, clear, based on the Word. Then humans got involved.... they brought in substitute gods.... pretty doodads that were supposed to make worship better.... like the sacrifice Jesus made wasn't enough.... then they started setting rules of the church... then they brought in convenient churches... then they brought in bigger buildings... then they needed more money [oh the love of money] to pay for the bigger buildings... and then people couldn't convert their crops into cash and the preacher doesn't want their crops... his wife is a city girl who can't dress out a pig.... so humans have to bring money.... and give regularly.... oh that's not enough we need a crystal palace to show respect.... see where I'm going with this?

In the Humans.... Think about it... all babies are so wonderful and cute and cuddly and new... and then they poop and they will drive a mom and dad out of the room. We're like that with everything. How many of us start the day with prayer.... spend the day walking in grace... and end the day in prayer? What's more... we think we know so much.... we know more than any other human and so we have the responsibility to point out others' shortcomings.... we "hate" them because they are not "godly" as we are. Then Hurricane Michael razes through and we hit our knees and get all wonderful and cute and cuddly and new again.... and then we poop.... and stink up the joint again.

Then in the Future..... Yep... there have been two world wars. Yep there have been horrible storms like Katrina and Michael. Yep there have been horrible fires and devastating floods. Yep there have been plenty of earthquakes and tsunami.... Have you hidden in a cave, cursed God, and then begged to die? That's what is going to happen.... in the future... things are going to get so bad that only Christ can pull any human out of it. Nothing so bad as the earthquake that is described in Revelation 6 has happened yet. There have been earthquakes we thought were the end.... but nothing like what is coming. Even the rich... the leaders... the Trumps, Pences, Putins, Macrons, Merkels, and JiPings of the world will have to hide. They won't be there to bail us out because they'll be too busy saving themselves. Until that point... humans will have been able to crawl out of "catastrophe".... God's going to bring an earthquake only God can save us from. That way we will have absolutely no doubt of who saved us.

There have been seven churches... only one has been any good.

There have been seven seals.... one of them was good.... and then they went downhill... just like us....

Six of those seals are open.... Humans are now on an earth they do not know. The landscape is not the landscape anymore.... in Maryland.... there might be a mountain instead of the Bay. The people on earth have been through something so horrific.... it's really unimaginable.... can you imagine?

Seven churches.... Seven seals.... Six seals have been opened.... Jesus has something to do before that seventh seal is broken....

:coffee:

Last edited: