Largest Federal Deficit since FY 2012

transporter

I've been waiting all day for someone...anyone to post the info from the Treasury that was released early this morning. As usual, there are no facts to be presented on here.

U.S. federal government posts widest deficit since 2012

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. federal government closed the 2018 fiscal year $779 billion in the red as tax cuts hit revenues and the government paid more to service a growing national debt, according to Treasury Department data released on Monday.

The deficit for the fiscal year - or the 12 months through September - was the largest since 2012.

The data also showed a $119 billion budget surplus in September, which was larger than expected and a record for the month. A senior Treasury official said the monthly surplus was smaller when adjusted for calendar shifts.

Economists generally view the corporate and individual tax cuts passed by the Trump administration late last year and an increase in government spending agreed in early February as likely to balloon the nation’s deficit.

The deficit in the 12 months through September was $113 billion - or 17 percent - bigger than in the same period a year earlier. Adjusting for calendar effects, the gap was even larger, the Treasury official said.

This_person

No one here cares about the deficit when a Republican is in office.

Do you even read my posts? :lol:

I don't recall TJ being upset about the deficit in 2012, only starting in 2017.

I've asked TJ several times to provide examples of budget cuts he proposes to rectify the problem, and he only ignores the question. This makes his concern a non-issue and entirely unworthy for discussion (with him).

PsyOps

Pixelated
I know this is about the deficit, but I thought this was appropriate - I mean while some people are exercising their selective outrage. From the guy who racked up more debt than every previous president combined:

[video=youtube;1kuTG19Cu_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q[/video]

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've been waiting all day for someone...anyone to post the info from the Treasury that was released early this morning. As usual, there are no facts to be presented on here.

U.S. federal government posts widest deficit since 2012

why do you lead with this tired idea so often? Are we under your orders that we must find something detrimental to Trump every day? Give it a rest you loony tuned psycho (or not I don't really care).

Grumpy

When you slam on the brakes, you don't stop immediately. Or do you disagree with the Obama doctrine of blaming it on your predecessors?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've been waiting all day for someone ... anyone to post the info from the Treasury that was released early this morning. As usual, there are no facts to be presented on here.

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish .....

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

yeah and your complaints when Obama was doubling the deficit :shrug: at least the tax money is rolling in

Feds Collect Record Individual Income Taxes in FY 2018; Still Run $779B Deficit

Chris0nllyn

at least the tax money is rolling in

Tax revenues were flat during 2018 and corporate tax collections fell by $76 billion. But yea, I'm sure this will all work itself out over time. Tax cuts without spending cuts is a recipe for success. :sarcasm:

It's an unsustainable fiscal course that will lead us to debt overtaking the size of the entire economy in as soon as a decade, and not long after topping all-time highs as a share of the economy not seen since World War II
http://www.crfb.org/press-releases/fy-2018-deficit-was-779-billion

It's really quite amazing how little conservatives care about this.

Hijinx

Chris0nllyn

Democrats never gave a damn when it was Obama's debt, why should I give a damn when it's Trumps?

It's not a President's debt, it's our debt. It's our tax money being pissed away by both sides and all you want to do is make it as trivial as possible.

CPUSA

It's not a President's debt, it's our debt. It's our tax money being pissed away by both sides and all you want to do is make it as trivial as possible.

Ok...ya'll never give a damn about the debt when your guy is in charge.
Stop worrying about it now...

Hijinx

Gee: While all you want to do is blame it on Trump and pump it up./
How many budgets was it that passed during Obama's reign?