Paint my tins

BOP

Any recommendations? I'm looking at stripping the existing paint then powder coating tank and fenders.

nutz

Any recommendations? I'm looking at stripping the existing paint then powder coating tank and fenders.

As long as you know it’s not long term stuff...powder coat doesn’t seem to hold up very well when left outside and it can be a booger to remove. Have you thought about cerakote or duracoat instead?

Craft coat 301-743-3215 may give a different opinion.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
As long as you know it’s not long term stuff...powder coat doesn’t seem to hold up very well when left outside and it can be a booger to remove. Have you thought about cerakote or duracoat instead?

Craft coat 301-743-3215 may give a different opinion.

Not true at all, if base is perpared and and a high quality epoxy power is used one can expect an15 to 20 year outside lifespan. That's why just about every manufacturing company has switched to powdercoating for just about all metal that stays outside.

It's easier to prep metal to powdercoat than traditional painting process's.
It's cheaper, easier to apply and achieve a high quality finish and it preforms better that traditional painting.

nutz

Not true at all, if base is perpared and and a high quality epoxy power is used one can expect an15 to 20 year outside lifespan. That's why just about every manufacturing company has switched to powdercoating for just about all metal that stays outside.

It's easier to prep metal to powdercoat than traditional painting process's.
It's cheaper, easier to apply and achieve a high quality finish and it preforms better that traditional painting.
My experience (about 13 years),it does not do well. That’s why I recommended another person to ask.

Www.powdercoating.org

BOP

Thanks for the inputs. I've got that sorted out, but I'm definitely interested in powder-coating the wheels, at least. I may never be able to retire at this rate.