Revelation 7 Uncounted

seekeroftruth

Revelation 7:9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

11 All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!”​

13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore,

“they are before the throne of God
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne
will shelter them with his presence.
16 ‘Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat down on them,’[a]
nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne
will be their shepherd;
‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’(b)
‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’[c]”​

a. Revelation 7:16 Isaiah 49:10
b. Revelation 7:17 Isaiah 49:10
c. Revelation 7:17 Isaiah 25:8

Jesus has his troops. He's collected 144,000 good men from God's chosen tribes. Jesus could have taken that number from the great multitude. They weren't counted though. In the Old Testament.. they counted when they had to go to war... they had to know how many troops they had. The only other time they did a census..... was when it was part of God's plan [as in the time of the Birth of Jesus in Bethlehem]. In the Old Testament... if someone did a census... the people counted were marked.... In 2 Samuel 24... David did a census and 70,000 people died. The troops... the 144,000 are counted and ready. But now... John has time to notice who else is around now that it's quiet.

You know when you're in a courtroom [well maybe a courtroom on TV because I know none of us has need to be in a courtroom... right?] but when you're in a courtroom and the judge, clerk, maybe the lawyers are discussing something at the bench... and everything is real quiet... and you look around the room.... well... that's what's going on with John. He's in God's Boardroom... at Jesus' home.... and it's quiet... it's in between a seal and .... there are people up there.... there are others....who look like humans.... and there are so many.....

God could have counted those people in the white robes. He didn't want to. They've been through enough already. These are martyrs. They were slaughtered. Remember that little girl at Colombine... Remember when the shooter asked her if she was a Christian and she Confessed... and died.... she's the type of human there. That's who these humans are. They are Christians who were murdered for their faith. They have done their part.

After Jesus selected His troops.... the angels, elders, and those four living creatures in the living throne started praising again. The quiet has subsided. Things are going to happen again.....

This is from amazingdiscoveries.org.

“It is over” is Jesus’ promise to His precious children who have suffered great trials. Hunger and thirst and other hardships are no more. He wipes away their tears and He, the Bread of Life, the Source of Living Water, gives them food and quenches their thirst. Those who have made Jesus their Lord and Saviour will have the Lamb among them for all eternity. There are unimaginable joys, wonders and delights for all who accept His invitation to “come.” Revelation 3:20; Matthew 11:28.​

Before I go away from this post.... I have to check out the commentary on one more verse. This is from Revelation 7:9.

"from every nation, tribe, people and language"

We're doing a lot of labeling of people lately. Jesus is looking for everyone... not just good Christians sitting in the pew every time the doors are open.... there will be people from everywhere.... and there will be some people you don't know... like the thief, hooker, drunk, drug addict, murderer, or gay person down the street..... There is only one label when you finally get to see that home Jesus was always bragging on.... "Believer"....ANYONE who confesses their faith in Christ has an opportunity to be among the multitude to great to number.

This is from God Vine.

Of all nations - Not only of Jews; not only of the nations which, in the time of the sealing vision, had embraced the gospel, but of all the nations of the earth. This implies two things:

(a) that the gospel would be preached among all nations; and,

(b) that even when it was thus preached to them they would keep up their national characteristics.​

If John were writing this now.... Jesus would have said to the multitude "Sit tight, I got this battle".

It amazes me... the Bible is so specific... numbered , unnumbered.... and yet people still think they will just be let in... because they're "good" people. Jesus was "good". He fed the poor, healed the sick, chased out demons, and they hung him on a cross. The people up in heaven.... watching Jesus pull in His Troops.... they were good people too.... they were murdered because they Believe.

:coffee: