Thread: 2019 MD Health Insurance Premiums

Question 2019 MD Health Insurance Premiums

With Open Enrollment just around the corner, has anyone heard yet what they are expecting their 2019 premiums to be? CareFirst is still only showing the 2018 plans on their website.

CareFirst said customers who were in a preferred provider option plan may be able to get a better rate in a similar health maintenance organization, which already covers the majority of consumers. CareFirst plans to advertise the option in advance of the enrollment season that begins Nov. 1.

CareFirst is reducing the rate on its HMO by 17 percent, while rates on the PPO will decline 11.1 percent. It had been seeking increases of 18.5 percent on the HMO and 91.4 percent on the PPO.

Kaiser, which had sought a 37.4 percent increase for its HMO, now will reduce that rate by 7.4 percent.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/b...921-story.html
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    With Open Enrollment just around the corner, has anyone heard yet what they are expecting their 2019 premiums to be?

no but every yr the premiums go up
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    no but every yr the premiums go up
    I have Carefirst. Premium going down $6 a month.

I received my letter from CareFirst BCBS yesterday. The deductible in my Bronze HMO plan is jumping up from $6550 to $7900, but the premium is going down 15.4%.

I guess I have MD's new reinsurance program for thank for the reduction. I my actually keep my insurance now.

$7900 ???

I thought $4k was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    $7900 ???

I thought $4k was bad.
    Yeah, that was a shock. I gotta find a way to start socking money away in my HSA.

Yeah, that was a shock. I gotta find a way to start socking money away in my HSA.
    at that level of deductible is there even a reason to have the insurance any longer?

at that level of deductible is there even a reason to have the insurance any longer?
    I guess there is if you are concerned about having a catastrophic event. It's all it's good for now. I was seriously considering one of the cost sharing programs if my premium had gone up again.

I debate this every yr ..... but I have one med that is 10k for a small 4 mil vial
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

I received my letter from CareFirst BCBS yesterday. The deductible in my Bronze HMO plan is jumping up from $6550 to $7900, but the premium is going down 15.4%.

I guess I have MD's new reinsurance program for thank for the reduction. I my actually keep my insurance now.
    Holy guacamole! That is insane.

I have a $1,500 deductible for the health insurance through my company and the premium rate we pay is going down by a little over 9% next year.

Members who have read this thread: 40