Fed minutes

transporter

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/fomcminutes20180926.htm

A couple of items worth noting:

Staff Economic Outlook
In the U.S. economic forecast prepared for the September FOMC meeting, real GDP was projected to increase in the second half of this year at a rate that was just a little slower than in the first half of the year. The staff's preliminary assessment was that the effects of Hurricane Florence would lead to a slight reduction in real GDP growth in the third quarter and a small addition to growth in the fourth quarter as economic activity returned to more normal levels and some disrupted activity was made up. Over the 2018-20 period, output was projected to rise at a rate above or at the staff's estimate of potential growth and then slow to a pace below it in 2021.

In other words, the debt fueled additional growth we are seeing now is expected to be temporary...as it always has been expected to be temporary. Real GDP growth for 2018 is expected to be 3%....for 2019 2.5% and 2% or below beyond that. None of this will come as news except to those folks (like Gilligan and the rest of the ignorati) who simply don't understand how an economy works.

In particular, tariffs on aluminum and steel were cited as reducing new investment in the energy sector. Contacts also suggested that firms were attempting to diversify the set of countries with which they trade--both imports and exports--as a result of uncertainty over tariff policy. Contacts in the agricultural industry reported that tariffs imposed by China had resulted in lower crop prices, further depressing incomes in that sector, although a new federal program was expected to offset some income losses.

Here we also have more confirmation of what was expected...tariffs are help some businesses but hurt more. This is also beyond the comprehension of folks like Gilligan. Don't take my word for it...this is directly from the Federal Reserve's Open Market Committee. None of the above is new. And these people know a sh!tload more about this topic than anyone on here or any of the propaganda sites you visit 60-70 times a day. Comrade GURPS can post as much bullsh!t as he wants...doesn't change the facts...just like any topic comrade GURPS posts about.

Chris0nllyn

I was actually talking to a large national analytical instrument company today that manufacturers tons of products. When asked if the tariffs impacted their business, he said some components went up 25% due to the tariffs.

Last edited:

Hijinx

I was actually talking to a large national analytical instrument company today that manufacturers tons of products. When asked if the tariffs impacted their business, he said some components went up 25% due to the tariffs.

They don't eat that 25% they pass it on to the customer.
I am willing to pay that 25% if it means getting fair treatment and fair trade.
If it works in the long run that is what counts.

BOP

And the "trade war" ain't over yet. Tranny always forgets that part.

Tranny has the attention span of your average ground squirrel.

I almost said puppy, but puppies are actually cute, so there's that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And these people know a sh!tload more about this topic than anyone on here or any of the propaganda sites you visit 60-70 times a day.

What Are YOUR Qualifications ? a subscription to the Financial Times

Comrade GURPS can post as much bullsh!t as he wants ... doesn't change the facts ... just like any topic comrade GURPS posts about.

:tantrum

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish .....

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Staff Economic Outlook

In the U.S. economic forecast prepared for the September FOMC meeting, real GDP was projected to increase in the second half of this year at a rate that was just a little slower than in the first half of the year. The staff's preliminary assessment was that the effects of Hurricane Florence would lead to a slight reduction in real GDP growth in the third quarter and a small addition to growth in the fourth quarter as economic activity returned to more normal levels and some disrupted activity was made up. Over the 2018-20 period, output was projected to rise at a rate above or at the staff's estimate of potential growth and then slow to a pace below it in 2021

In other words, the debt fueled additional growth we are seeing now is expected to be temporary ... as it always has been expected to be temporary. Real GDP growth for 2018 is expected to be 3% .... for 2019 2.5% and 2% or below beyond that.

what you are spewing has NOTHING to do with what YOU Quote ... yeah because of a hurricane the expected growth will be less

do you understand the words : FORECAST and PROJECTED :shrug: - it means the FED is GUESSING ... not FACTS

None of this will come as news except to those folks (like Gilligan and the rest of the ignorati) who simply don't understand how an economy works.

what would YOU know about how the economy works

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

They don't eat that 25% they pass it on to the customer.
I am willing to pay that 25% if it means getting fair treatment and fair trade.
If it works in the long run that is what counts.

:lol: You say this, but are worried about Americans paying more for gas (in this thread)?

Of course they pass it on. That's what happens with tariffs. They are essentially a tax. Not sure why you'd want to pay more for goods, but when it's your guy proposing it, I can understand.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

And herein lies the problem. A private central bank telling us what an economic outlook might be. The very same private central back that manipulates all the financial markets and is the cause of so many ills in the Nation. When they are the ones pulling the stings to alter any economy, for good or for bad. For good when it profits them, and for bad when it profits them. Because it is never for the people's benefit.

This_person

Of course they pass it on. That's what happens with tariffs. They are essentially a tax. Not sure why you'd want to pay more for goods...

It's a short-term vs. long-term thinking kind of thing. The tariffs are not meant to last forever, but until the unfair trade practices of other nations is reduced drastically or eliminated.

See, this is why there's not a "trade war" with all countries that have a significant trade imbalance with us. There are only wars with those that treat US poorly. The goal is to fix that. It can hurt us in the short term, but since we're the ones with the money and we have the ability to provide all we need internally, the "war" will be won by us.