Trump signals support for legislation lifting federal ban on marijuana

awpitt

Main Streeter
Interested in hearing everyone's thought on this.......

President Donald Trump says he's inclined to support a bipartisan effort in Congress to ease the U.S. ban on marijuana.

Asked Friday about a proposal that would reshape the nation's approach to pot, Trump said he would "probably end up supporting that."

The federal ban has created a conflict with more than two dozen states that have legalized marijuana in some form.

The legislation would ensure states have the right to determine the best approach to marijuana within their borders. Some U.S. restrictions would remain, including recreational sales to people under 21.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/trump-...5_0vcyFBZDpL47CH4rzx1aKwHalKzENWynLw5pl73VZtY

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump can't keep a policy position for more than 4 minutes...because he doesn't have the first clue of what he is doing...or any working knowledge of any issue facing this country.

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish .....

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm generally in support of most initiatives to reduce or eliminate Federal control of things that should be matters for the states to decide. There remains the legitimate Federal responsibility for controlling what comes across our national border though.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm generally in support of most initiatives to reduce or eliminate Federal control of things that should be matters for the states to decide. There remains the legitimate Federal responsibility for controlling what comes across our national border though.

The best bud is grown domestically. If legalized, the devastation of our environment from clandestine grows, will be drastically reduced. This should be a state issue, unless an active grow operation is within a national park.

Better testing techniques need to be found to tell if a person is currently under the influence, or if they shared a doobie at a concert over the weekend.

Bonehead

Legalize it and use it as a way of generating revenue. Personally I would not partake and I would worry about stoned drivers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry, Daddy, I'm still against legalizing drugs.

But if he does lift the federal ban, would that make Mexican drug traffickers simply foreign business partners - part of the new trade agreement - and now they can come over here and sell their wares as they please? So we could go ahead and abolish ICE like Maxine Waters says?

Maybe we could abolish the whole federal government. No President, no Senators, no Congresscritters, turn the White House into a crack den, the Supreme Court building could be used as a movie theater or something. Think how much money we'd save. :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Legalize it and use it as a way of generating revenue. Personally I would not partake and I would worry about stoned drivers.

I wouldn't worry about stoned drivers nearly as much as I worry about texting drivers. Legalize it, tax it.