Revelation 8 Space Wars?

seekeroftruth

Revelation 8:1 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

3 Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. 4 The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.​

This is from GodVine.

8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven - Such a silence is mentioned but in this one place. It was uncommon, and highly observable: for praise is sounding in heaven day and night. In particular, immediately before this silence, all the angels, and before them the innumerable multitude, had been crying with a loud voice; and now all is still at once: there is an universal pause. Hereby the seventh seal is very remarkably distinguished from the six preceding. This silence before God shows that those who were round about him were expecting, with the deepest reverence, the great things which the Divine Majesty would farther open and order. Immediately after, the seven trumpets are heard, and a sound more august than ever. Silence is only a preparation: the grand point is, the sounding the trumpets to the praise of God. About half an hour - To St. John, in the vision, it might seem a common half hour.​

Have you ever had one of those days... the ones that last forever.... when a 15 minute break seems to last for only 15 seconds and that droning on and on at a meeting only lasts a few minutes but it seems to go on for hours? That's what comes to mind when I read verse 1. A lot of stuff is going on.... John's at Jesus' home and they're in a board room... there was this scroll with seven seals on it... and at first they were afraid that no one could open it... and then Jesus came in and they knew He could open it... and then when He started opening the seals... horses with riders flew out... and then there were all kinds of people brought in... and then....

That "and then", that "look what happened next" seemed to pause....

First John saw them handing out trumpets. Amazingdiscoveries.org

In Bible times trumpets were used as a call for war. Judges 7:16-18. Also, the priests blew trumpets to signal the upcoming Day of Atonement, the annual day of judgement.​

And then an angel put some great smelling incense in a burner.... fired it up... and slung it at earth.... looks like a meteorite shower to me. Sounds like a modern day version of Sodom and Gomorrah to me...

Is God using John, the Apostle and friend to Jesus, to warn us that the end will start with a meteorite shower? Is this Space Wars?

:coffee: