Today's "sorry, you still haven't heard it all" news

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kleenex forced to rebrand 'Mansize' tissues after sexist complaints

After being on shelves for more than 60 years, Kleenex maker Kimberly Clark said it will re-brand its “Mansize” tissues after a rise in consumer complaints cried the product was sexist.

But wait...

One user tweeted that her four year old son was confused by the ‘Mansize’ name and asked if he was allowed to use them.

:roflmao:

My GOD!!! :banghead:

Anyway, Kleenex was not "forced" to do anything - they *chose* to do it. Which of course is fine. And now I can use their tissues without having a gender identity crisis. :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
I learned a new phrase today, just in time it seems...... "headdesking" as in "That article was soo stupid I headdesked myself into a coma......... "

You think there's hope, then idiocy like this comes along. Best response would have been the science of nose size by gender, which you can be damn sure is out there. Want to be a good social media response complete with links and charts would not only have gained them huge social cred, but most likely an increase in sales.

BOP

After being on shelves for more than 60 years, Kleenex maker Kimberly Clark said it will re-brand its “Mansize” tissues after a rise in consumer complaints cried the product was sexist.

But wait...

One user tweeted that her four year old son was confused by the ‘Mansize’ name and asked if he was allowed to use them.

Anyway, Kleenex was not "forced" to do anything - they *chose* to do it. Which of course is fine. And now I can use their tissues without having a gender identity crisis. :yay:

So what did they name it? Maxipad sized?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When the wailers start screaming at the sky again, they will probably complain that they have to buy more (=spend more $$) because they can no longer buy the larger size tissues.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kirstie Alley responds:

https://twitter.com/kirstiealley/status/1053032248382054401

mansize.GIF

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

But wait...

I really think these people make that stuff up. Geez, Thing2 was only 3-4 yo when he would see Batboy in those supermarket rags while we waited in line to pay. He would love to look at the front page to see what Batboys was up to next. I always joke that Batboy helped teach him how to read. :lol: Still - at 4 yo, even he didn't believe that stupid stuff! :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I really think these people make that stuff up.

Agree.

Progs are famous for using their children as human shields for their mental illness. I mean, magazines aimed at teenagers right by the checkout with the headline "Safe Anal: Here's How" doesn't make them ask questions, but "mansize" Kleenexes do?

Please.

GregV814

In a related venue, the term "clockwise" and its counterpart, "counter clockwise" have been removed from dictionaries in secondary schools as students were having trouble understanding their meanings. One student, "Rashawn", a senior at Geraldine Ferraro advanced learning Center in upState New York asked, "like, whats this wise thing dude". Instructors will now be emphasizing the terms "this a way"or "that a way" spiraling their arms to the left or right in engineering classes.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Agree.

Progs are famous for using their children as human shields for their mental illness. I mean, magazines aimed at teenagers right by the checkout with the headline "Safe Anal: Here's How" doesn't make them ask questions, but "mansize" Kleenexes do?

Please.

Maybe they could market those kleenex to the prison population for just after such an occurrence.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In a related venue, the term "clockwise" and its counterpart, "counter clockwise" have been removed from dictionaries in secondary schools as students were having trouble understanding their meanings. One student, "Rashawn", a senior at Geraldine Ferraro advanced learning Center in upState New York asked, "like, whats this wise thing dude". Instructors will now be emphasizing the terms "this a way"or "that a way" spiraling their arms to the left or right in engineering classes.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I guess right hand threaded bolts will go the same route as scientists wave their arms to show which way a right hand threaded bolt is turning.

WTF is wrong with these brilliant highly educated oafs.

WTFK. I have one in my office that can't read an analog clock.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess right hand threaded bolts will go the same route as scientists wave their arms to show which way a right hand threaded bolt is turning.

WTF is wrong with these brilliant highly educated oafs.

Pssst. He was making a joke.