Horseface: Donald Trump and the American comedy circus

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This week those able to raise a mild chuckle over President Trump’s tweet in which he called Michael Avenatti a ‘3rd rate lawyer’ and his client, Stormy Daniels, ‘Horseface’ soon found themselves collapsed to the floor in heaps of laughter by the timelessly humourless and priggish reaction of the mainstream media.

As soon as the President had unleashed his tweet the liberal networks started vying with one another to find the most self-important nincompoop willing to express her moral outrage on air. CNN got April Ryan insisting ‘this is the standard bearer of the American public. This is the leader of the free world and he is chastising a woman … This is not a joke … It’s disgusting, this is street, it’s gutter.’ MSNBC hired Nicolle Wallace to say that ‘if misogyny is your thing it is on the ballot this November in the form of every Republican candidate who associates himself (or herself) with Donald Trump.’ On ABC Meghan McCain wound herself into such a knot of moral indignation that her tongue was unable to make any sense at all: ‘I had a lot of things about Michael Avenatti, by the way, I believe he should pay her legal fees, I don’t think she should have to pay it. But I will say it doesn’t matter anymore because when you are calling a woman ‘Horseface’ all arguments we have are now negated.’

President Trump may not quite qualify for a degree in the vituperative arts but he is diligently honing his skills and is certainly one to watch. Let us not forget that ‘Horseface’ Daniels has just published an autobiography in which she supposed that an alleged three minutes of distracted ‘missionary position’ 12 years ago, entitles her to call the president a ‘bore’, a ‘dip####’ an ‘#######’, a ‘####ing #######’ and a ‘mother####er’ with ‘Yeti pubes and a dick like a mushroom’. Under these circumstances most fair-minded folk would agree that ‘Horseface’ is a pretty mild rebuke. The word was carefully chosen – not too insulting, reasonably funny, perfectly accurate etc. Trump knew exactly how it would go down and how the straight-men and women of the left-wing presses would react to make his only quite good joke immediately and uproariously funny.

Horseface: Donald Trump and the American comedy circus

BOP

How do you explain what he said about Carly Fiorina though? He said look at the face, would anyone vote for that, can you imagine that as the face of our next president?

WTF was that supposed to mean?

And if Stormy had a "Horseface" why the $150,000 payment if nothing happened?

Trump is really good at NOT saying things.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How do you explain what he said about Carly Fiorina though? He said look at the face, would anyone vote for that, can you imagine that as the face of our next president?

WTF was that supposed to mean?

I took it as a reference to that sour Mrs. Crabapple grimace she used to constantly wear. Bann and I discussed it LONG before Trump mentioned it. Nobody is going to elect that crabby angry face. You can probably find threads on here where we talked about it.

Even Hillary Clinton has to pretend to be personable and slap a smile on her puss.

It's not even sexist. If she were a man, nobody would elect that crabby angry face. They want friendly and approachable, like Barack Obama.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Possibly, but based on what he retweeted comparing Heidi Cruz to Melania; I have a tendency to think he meant it at "face" value. On the other hand, although Carly does have a RBF, I would have loved to have seen her come right back at him with a comment about his face. He is not attractive.

I hope we all know by now that Trump talks about everything. And if I recall correctly, Ted Cruz started that kerfuffle - made a disparaging remark about Melania, so Trump hit him back.

EDIT: Here's the thread we had on it:

http://forums.somd.com/threads/308189-Double-standard

Cruz used an old modeling pic of naked Melania in one of his campaign ads. Trump responded by saying he'd "spill the beans" on Heidi. Main takeaway: "Trump responded".

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
According to Cruz, he was not behind that ad; it was a super PAC and Trump chose not to believe that.

I know we'll disagree on this, but IMO some things he says are better off unsaid. I do not admire his brashness, impulsivity, and general attitude toward women. I'm positive that no one cares, but given a choice between him and almost anyone else; I'll chose anyone else if in fact he even runs.

What do you think about his policies and how things have been going in the last two years?

That's a real question - I'm not interested in arguing, I just want to get a take on how you're thinking. I agree with you that there are some things he should leave alone and not comment on, but most of the time I'm glad someone is finally hitting these people back.