2 Kings 13 Popped back alive

seekeroftruth

2 Kings 13:20 Elisha died and was buried.

Now Moabite raiders used to enter the country every spring. 21 Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.

22 Hazael king of Aram oppressed Israel throughout the reign of Jehoahaz. 23 But the Lord was gracious to them and had compassion and showed concern for them because of his covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. To this day he has been unwilling to destroy them or banish them from his presence.

24 Hazael king of Aram died, and Ben-Hadad his son succeeded him as king. 25 Then Jehoash son of Jehoahaz recaptured from Ben-Hadad son of Hazael the towns he had taken in battle from his father Jehoahaz. Three times Jehoash defeated him, and so he recovered the Israelite towns.​

I couldn't wait.... I knew this story was next and it's so much fun.... I couldn't wait.... sorry....

Check it out... as soon as that dead body hit Elisha's bones he came back to life... I bet that surprised everyone!!

This is from GodVine.

They cast the man - Rather, "they thrust the man." The graves of the Jews were not pits dug in the ground, like ours, but caves or cells excavated in the side of a rock, the mouth of the cave being ordinarily shut by a heavy stone.

Stood up on his feet - Coffins were not used by the Jews. The body was simply wrapped or swathed in grave-clothes (compare Luke 7:15; John 11:44).​

The way I understand this story is..... They picked the wrong tomb for this guy because they were afraid that they would be attacked by the raiders.... so they tossed the body in Elisha's tomb.... but the body popped back alive..... Elisha was so full of energy....

Over in Revelation I saw that the throne is alive... it throws out lightning it's so full of energy.... and I figure it must require extra energy to be God's prophet.... and Elisha must have been full of energy... a little was still there... and that dead guy got a lively jolt!

:coffee:

Last edited: