Swift Bombs in Politics

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Taylor Swift may have some sway with her 107 million followers on Instagram, but when it comes to her power to sway politics, yeah, not so much.

The 28-year-old singer who dropped out of high school and later earned a GED jumped into the political fray last week when she declared that she opposes Tennessee Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn.

"Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. These are not MY Tennessee values," Swift wrote on Instagram. "I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37351/poll-taylor-swifts-democratic-endorsement-joseph-curl

Epic Political Advice From Another Entitled HS Dropout

Hijinx

I took the GED back in the '70s. No idea if it has changed (i.e. "been dumbed down") but back then, you didn't want to go into that test unprepared. I'll give credit where credit is due, and she is due some props for that. I just wish the right could make up its collective mind as to whether they value education or not.

You would think if she were smart she would realize that pissing off half of your fans is a pretty dumb thing to do.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You would think if she were smart she would realize that pissing off half of your fans is a pretty dumb thing to do.
You've got to remember half of her fans are under the age of sixteen, pissing them off gets forgotten by lunch.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
SHOCKER: Even Taylor Swift Can’t Elect A Democrat In Tennessee

Before the election, the 28-year-old singer -- who had not previously weighed in on politics -- said Blackburn had a voting record that “appalls and terrifies” her.

The move may not have been all that well thought out. Bredesen angered Democrats and rabid liberals by announcing that he would have supported Brett Kavanaugh's nomination for the Supreme Court, declaring that there was no evidence to support last-minute sexual assault allegations against him.

The hardcore left MoveOn immediately pulled its support after Bredesen's announcement. "We're cancelling a planned six-figure digital video ad expenditure for Phil Bredesen in Tennessee due to his Kavanaugh position. And similarly will be pulling all planned campaigning on behalf of Joe Manchin in West Virginia if he votes yes. Kavanaugh is unfit for the Court," MoveOn.org wrote on Twitter.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I took the GED back in the '70s. No idea if it has changed (i.e. "been dumbed down") but back then, you didn't want to go into that test unprepared. I'll give credit where credit is due, and she is due some props for that. I just wish the right could make up its collective mind as to whether they value education or not.

I took the GED in '79, without studying, and passed it with flying colors. I felt it was more about what I learned before I dropped out. I don't think anyone could pass 'my' GED test with todays education standards, without GED prep courses.