Buy a few condos....get a pass on anything!!

transporter

During the campaign our inept, incompetent and unfit President claimed he could "shoot someone walking down 5Th avenue" and people would still vote for him

Trump has proved he has the same lack of a moral center. The Saudis have bought lots of condos from him and have bailed out his failing hotels since Trump's presidency began. That has bought them an immense amount of "look the other way" attitude from the WH.

Trump a reluctant critic of Saudi Arabia despite pressure to act
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Six days after Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi disappeared, U.S. President Donald Trump tried to play down the crisis, saying “hopefully that will sort itself out”.

These are the kinds of responses you get when an individual doesn't know what he is doing...when he refuses to listen to his advisors...when he refused to read his daily briefs--even when they are prepared in his favorite crayon color.

Trump then seemed to give Saudi Arabia the benefit of the doubt, suggesting “rogue killers” may have been to blame and criticizing a growing view that this was a case of state murder.

What is Trump protecting? Certainly not the international standing of the US. Certainly not human rights. Certainly not basic diplomatic composure (you don't kill someone in your own GD consulate).

But when Saudi Arabia finally admitted on Saturday that Khashoggi was dead, saying he was killed in a fight inside the consulate, Trump said the official explanation was “credible” even as Republican and Democratic lawmakers responded with anger and disbelief.

Only a fool thinks the latest Saudi story is "credible". Trump also said Ms. Ford was "credible"...before mocking her two days later before thousands of cheering uneducated and ignorant supporters at a campaign event.

Trump sought to justify his muted response by pointing out the incident occurred in Turkey and that Khashoggi, a U.S. resident and columnist for the Washington Post, was “not a United States citizen”.

Critics accused Trump of trying to give the Saudis diplomatic cover and buy time for them to get their story straight, something Trump’s aides denied.

At the same time, Peter Navarro, Trump’s White House trade chief and architect of his “Buy American” policy to ease restrictions on foreign arms sales, was stressing the importance of Saudi weapons deals and the implications for U.S. jobs, another administration official told Reuters.

Trump repeatedly touted the $110 billion in weapons deals he announced during his visit to Saudi Arabia last year, and insisted around 500,000 U.S. jobs were at stake. Experts have dismissed the sales and jobs numbers as highly exaggerated.

So here we are, with another international incident in which Trump (and the US by association) looks weak and impotent....because we that's what we are now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe you can explain to me why a Saudi citizen who was killed in Turkey is President Trump's problem and why he should get involved?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why ask. You know it won't respond.
It just leaves the room smelling like a toilet.

I'd be okay with anyone responding. This story has taken over the news cycle - why? I started a thread in here a few days ago and concluded that it's a ruse to pressure Trump into getting into a ####storm with the Saudis, but I lost track and don't know if any of the usual suspects came up with a better theory.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Just wanted to say that trans is working very hard to sway opinion. But, alas, it is not working. I wonder why? Just kidding. I know why.

GregV814

Well, I broke a shoelace on my wingtips the other day. Trump has done nothing about it! I think he’s in collusion with shoestring companies in Saudi. I called the Supreme Court. RBG fell asleep, so I deferred to Kavanaugh. He took no action whatsoever!!!

BOP

Well, I broke a shoelace on my wingtips the other day. Trump has done nothing about it! I think he’s in collusion with shoestring companies in Saudi. I called the Supreme Court. RBG fell asleep, so I deferred to Kavanaugh. He took no action whatsoever!!!

Would those be your right wing tips?

Hijinx

I'd be okay with anyone responding. This story has taken over the news cycle - why? I started a thread in here a few days ago and concluded that it's a ruse to pressure Trump into getting into a ####storm with the Saudis, but I lost track and don't know if any of the usual suspects came up with a better theory.

This story took over the news cycle because according to the WAPO this guy was a "journalist".
And my God "journalist's are sacrosanct,regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with.

If he had been just any other run of the mill arab a-hole the WAPO couldn't have cared less, but this guy was special. A "journalist.

Kill a Police Officer. Sheit, the Post just looks the other way, but a journalist????
That's just plain horrendous.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Those shoestrings were most likely made in China and, as we all know, Trump is a Chinese spy flooding us with defective shoestrings so that we'll have to buy them all the time and make more money for the Chinese dictator to buy yachts and things with.

I thwart them by wearing slip-ons.

GregV814

Well if they were left wingtips, the heel would be squished down, and some baxetball “stars” name would be printed on the side. Yo?