Climate change

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do we all agree that climate change is real and that the climate is constantly changing and always has? I don't know as anyone can deny that. We have geological proof.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...indings-on-climate-change-before-its-too-late

Rory Kennedy and stories like this annoy me because they label people, who don't think giving a bunch of money to the Little Dictators' Club will stop climate change, as "climate deniers". Like there is any reasonable person on Earth who denies there is such a thing as a climate.

I find it fascinating, someone who is so arrogant that they think they can affect the climate of the whole Earth. I understand that people like Rory Kennedy and Al Gore are selling their wares to make a buck, but how do they get so many takers? If they really believed that humans are destroying the planet, they would practice what they preach instead of panhandling for UN money. They would travel by bicycle or mass transit, and recycle, and wear hand-me-downs, and stop eating meat.

But they don't. Instead, they want everyone else to do these things. And PS, cough up a bunch of dough. Rory and Al don't say specifically what we should be doing to save our planet from imminent destruction, besides giving them money. They don't even say what that money will go toward, except vague "save the planet" stuff.

Here's The Nature Conservancy: https://support.nature.org/site/Donation2?df_id=12640&12640.donation=form1

Give us money.
For what?
So we can save the planet.
How?
We're going to prevent the climate from changing.
How?
By doing anti climate change stuff! Stop asking all these questions!

Here's Bernie Sanders' plan: https://berniesanders.com/people-before-polluters/
TLDR: Vote for Democrats because Republicans are evil and trying to kill us all.

Somehow the US is the villain in all this, except that we're one of the least polluted countries on Earth. I'm not sure what Bernie and Rory and Al want us to do about Pakistan, India, China, et. al. If anyone should be pressured regarding climate change, it should be them, not us. China and India each have more than 4x our population to boot. If anyone is man making climate change, it's them.

So I can only think that it's all about money and not about "saving the planet" at all.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Give us money.
For what?
How?
How?

100% nailed it.

The same morons wanted to use the "impending ice age" as the excuse for requesting a massive wealth transfer to Third World ####holes back in the 70s. Same game..different excuse.

transporter

tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber having a conversation...

Just to point out the obvious:

TLDR: Vote for Democrats because Republicans are evil and trying to kill us all.

Reverse the words Democrat and Republican and you have Trump's basic mantra.

So, once again, what's the difference between the freakish far left and the freakish far right? Nothing...not one dam thing. Same tin foil hat crowds...same uneducated, ignorant mindset...just different "causes". Trump thinks brown people flooding into the country are gonna kill us all. Bernie's thinks we are all just gonna end up as charcoal briquets...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump thinks brown people flooding into the country are gonna kill us all. Bernie's thinks we are all just gonna end up as charcoal briquets...

Except for the part where brown people flooding into our country actually *have* killed people, and so far nobody has become a charcoal briquet.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Do we all agree that climate change is real and that the climate is constantly changing and always has? I don't know as anyone can deny that.

Stop the presses. This just in: Science has proven that the sun controls the weather on planet earth. Whether it be global cooling, or global warming, it is the sun that causes and controls "climate change".

stgislander

PREMO Member
How did a thread about climate change become about Trump and the immigrant caravan? :confused:

Oh that's right... Tranny.

Hijinx

Do we all agree that climate change is real and that the climate is constantly changing and always has? I don't know as anyone can deny that. We have geological proof.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...indings-on-climate-change-before-its-too-late

Rory Kennedy and stories like this annoy me because they label people, who don't think giving a bunch of money to the Little Dictators' Club will stop climate change, as "climate deniers". Like there is any reasonable person on Earth who denies there is such a thing as a climate.

I find it fascinating, someone who is so arrogant that they think they can affect the climate of the whole Earth. I understand that people like Rory Kennedy and Al Gore are selling their wares to make a buck, but how do they get so many takers? If they really believed that humans are destroying the planet, they would practice what they preach instead of panhandling for UN money. They would travel by bicycle or mass transit, and recycle, and wear hand-me-downs, and stop eating meat.

But they don't. Instead, they want everyone else to do these things. And PS, cough up a bunch of dough. Rory and Al don't say specifically what we should be doing to save our planet from imminent destruction, besides giving them money. They don't even say what that money will go toward, except vague "save the planet" stuff.

Here's The Nature Conservancy: https://support.nature.org/site/Donation2?df_id=12640&12640.donation=form1

Give us money.
For what?
How?
How?

Here's Bernie Sanders' plan: https://berniesanders.com/people-before-polluters/

Somehow the US is the villain in all this, except that we're one of the least polluted countries on Earth. I'm not sure what Bernie and Rory and Al want us to do about Pakistan, India, China, et. al. If anyone should be pressured regarding climate change, it should be them, not us. China and India each have more than 4x our population to boot. If anyone is man making climate change, it's them.

So I can only think that it's all about money and not about "saving the planet" at all.

Well: you covered it pretty well.
Yes the climates is changing--------------that's for sure.
I have been seeing these changes for my 76 years.
I remember when you didn't get your tobacco crops in by Labor day you had a good chance of losing it to frost.
I remember when the tide was lower and didn't get up over the piers almost everyday.
I also remember going to work and seeing smog hanging over the city every day. I don't see that now, Much cleaner.

Now first off I get tired of some Kennedy thinking she is smarter than us peons. I wish the Kennedy's would STFU.
Enjoy their trust funds, stay the fug out of politics, and stop trying to save us from ourselves.
JFK almost got us blown off the planet. Double crossed the Cubans, screwed half of Hollywood,His brother crossed the mafia after using them to get JFK elected, might have gotten him killed, His daddy was a bootlegger and Nazi sympathiser, and his other brother drowned his mistress, and a nephew got drugged up and flew a plane he wasn't qualified for and flew it into the ocean.
Enough with advice from the Kennedy's. Just STFU.

The United States is one of the cleanest countries there is. So clean in fact that business is leaving because it costs too much to stay as clean as regulations require and of course they like the slave labor they get in other countries.
Now if my neighbor is filthy I cannot go to his home and clean it for him, even if I wanted to.
It would just be filthy again in a week.
We cannot force other countries to clean up their act, especially China which has filthy air.
One reason we can't is they are getting ready for war with us anyway, they just built islands , they didn't run any environmental studies.
They built them. They didn't give a flying fug about the planet.
So how can we clean the earth by cleaning one small part of it.
Even if cleaning would stop the warming, which it won't.

The telling statement in this screed was Invest.
That's what it is all about Money.;
There was no statement there about how that investment was to be used. Probably used to make the Kennedy's richer.
If not the Kennedy's , one of their other rich friends.

SamSpade

Couple years back, I was with my son and his cub scout den doing a clean up on Myrtle Point Beach.
My son, being very friendly started talking with an older gentleman who had his own bag, and doing the same thing.
Since there weren't that many people out that day, we walked with him.

Turns out, that one - he does this all the time, different places and helps with the parks, even by himself and
two, he was running for some position in the county. As it happens, he was Democrat, and his other political ideas
were a bit more lefty than I'm likely to agree with - but keeping the environment clean was his primary focus/

He got my vote. It was a county spot - so it's not like he's going to get us into war or raise my taxes.
But he got my vote because when seemingly no one was looking - we WAS DOING IT ANYWAY. At least one other
occasion I ran into him at a park, and he was removing dead limbs and overgrowth. It meant enough to him to actually
DO IT HIMSELF - even alone.

I never trust anyone whose position is primarily - give me money and I will see to it that government fixes it.
And just as much - I don't really trust a MOVEMENT which seems to be, give US money and we will try and fix it -
especially when their primary effort seems to be getting this or that person ELECTED whom they believe will be
favorable to their cause.

It's just being manipulated.