Beto O'Rourke SUED Over 'Unwanted' Campaign Text Messages

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A group of Texans filed a lawsuit Friday accusing O'Rourke, whose running against Republican Ted Cruz for a Texas Senate seat, of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending them dozens of text messages without their permission, and with no way to end the deluge.

Sameer Syeed, the plaintiff, filed the lawsuit on "behalf of all Texans," and demands Beto pay out $500 for each unwanted text message sent to someone with a Texas cell phone number.

stgislander

PREMO Member
A group of Texans filed a lawsuit Friday accusing O'Rourke, whose running against Republican Ted Cruz for a Texas Senate seat, of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending them dozens of text messages without their permission, and with no way to end the deluge.

Sameer Syeed, the plaintiff, filed the lawsuit on "behalf of all Texans," and demands Beto pay out $500 for each unwanted text message sent to someone with a Texas cell phone number.

He's got the money.

Hijinx

He's got the money.

Wasn't it great having a cell phone before they started letting solicitors use it for advertisement and harassment?

What idiot decided it was a good idea to let solicitors use cell phones for their pain inthe azz calls.
Who got money put in their pockets for that sheit.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Wasn't it great having a cell phone before they started letting solicitors use it for advertisement and harassment?

What idiot decided it was a good idea to let solicitors use cell phones for their pain inthe azz calls.
Who got money put in their pockets for that sheit.

This is why I have special tones for my contacts and don't answer numbers unknown to me. I let calls go to visual VM.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I once got a solicitation call that used my own phone number.

Once, out of how many others though? Spoofing local numbers is a special kind of devious, in my opinion. I've seen that happen on my mother's phone. I just tap ignore and wait for a message. Annoying? Yes, but better than wasting the time to answer.

Salmon

Geez. Some people need to get a grip. ‘‘‘Tis the season for campaign messages. I got a robo call from Mike Busch last night. I don’t know how they got my number.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Geez. Some people need to get a grip. ‘‘‘Tis the season for campaign messages. I got a robo call from Mike Busch last night. I don’t know how they got my number.

Hint: "violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act"....look it up.