Governor Hogan Renames Nice Bridge After Senator Thomas "Mac" Middleton

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Governor Hogan Renames Nice Bridge After Senator Thomas "Mac" Middleton

Date: 10-22-2018 12:16 PM

Summary: The Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge will be renamed after Charles Co. Senator Thomas "Mac" Middleton.

Click here for the full story...

SamSpade

You know what I liked about that? At the end of the article, it mentioned something he did that I thought was
brilliant, effective and the kind of thing an actual Republican would do - eliminate EZ-Pass transponder fees - and nuisance monthly fees -
and as a result - damn - everyone seems to be on board with it. Almost every person I know who owns a business
has gotten one since that passed.

Hijinx

You know what I liked about that? At the end of the article, it mentioned something he did that I thought was
brilliant, effective and the kind of thing an actual Republican would do - eliminate EZ-Pass transponder fees - and nuisance monthly fees -
and as a result - damn - everyone seems to be on board with it. Almost every person I know who owns a business

Should have left the name alone.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, he did, sorta, and thats why the article title is B.S.

What really did was amend the name of the bridge, adding this other guys name onto it. so it's now the " Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial/Senator Thomas "Mac" Middleton Bridge.

but I agree, the Harry Nice Bridge was fine. Wonder what poiltical capital was bought with this move........

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wonder what poiltical capital was bought with this move........

A Democrat gets a bridge named after him for posterity and in turn Hogan gets to encourage Democrats to attack firearms owners again in the spring.

transporter

That's odd...every person I know who travels has had an EZPass for years.

If all the business people you know couldn't afford the $1.25 monthly fee, you might want to suggest that all those people get to their nearest Mcdonalds and apply for a job as a French fry cooker because they certainly don't have any capacity for operating a business.

BTW...BS move by Hogan. Since when do we start naming (adding name addendums) to honor politicians who are still alive???? Too bad Hogan can't just run on his decent record instead of making such a blatant pandering effort to get votes.

officeguy

One of the nuttier things I have seen in MD politics lateley. You should be pretty dead before you get stuff named after you.

Just rename the thing 'Potomac River Bridge'.

Hijinx

That's odd...every person I know who travels has had an EZPass for years.

If all the business people you know couldn't afford the $1.25 monthly fee, you might want to suggest that all those people get to their nearest Mcdonalds and apply for a job as a French fry cooker because they certainly don't have any capacity for operating a business.

BTW...BS move by Hogan. Since when do we start naming (adding name addendums) to honor politicians who are still alive???? Too bad Hogan can't just run on his decent record instead of making such a blatant pandering effort to get votes.

Well I don't have a business and I cross that bridge maybe every 2 months.
I didn't have an easy pass until they removed the monthly fee because why should I pay $1.25 every month when some months I don't use the bridge.
However I do have one now.
Actually I agree with you that Hogan shouldn't have put Mac Middleton's name on the bridge.
WTF has Middleton ever done to deserve such recognition.