Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Great ANOTHER tax cut proposal

  1. #1

    Great ANOTHER tax cut proposal

    Trump eyeing a 10 percent middle-income tax cut plan

    “We’re putting in a resolution sometime in the next week or week-and-a-half, two weeks,” Trump said. “We’re giving a middle-income tax reduction of about 10 percent. We’re doing it now for middle-income people.”

    Trump said on Saturday his administration was studying a tax cut to be rolled out some time around the beginning of November just before the Nov. 6 congressional elections, even though lawmakers are out of town campaigning and Congress is not in session
    What a buffoon. For those who don't recall, our deficit for the just concluded 2018 fiscal year was $779B. Our inept, incompetent and unfit President wants to put even more upward pressure on the deficit.

    For what? So people can go out and buy more goods made in China that will break or be outdated in a couple years? Christ....

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,798
    Winning!

    Thank you President Trump!



    “I think it's awesome that the progs are losing their hivemind over the farts of a teenager.” - Vrai

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Trump eyeing a 10 percent middle-income tax cut plan



    What a buffoon. For those who don't recall, our deficit for the just concluded 2018 fiscal year was $779B. Our inept, incompetent and unfit President wants to put even more upward pressure on the deficit.

    For what? So people can go out and buy more goods made in China that will break or be outdated in a couple years? Christ....
    Just to make sure I understand what you're saying here - you find it a BAD thing that the government might allow people to keep more of their own money, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Just to make sure I understand what you're saying here - you find it a BAD thing that the government might allow people to keep more of their own money, right?
    I can't speak for transporter, but personally I think it's great. My problem is that those tax cuts are not coupled with spending cuts. We can't keep doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

  5. #5
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    42,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    We can't keep doing this.


    Sure we Can ....
    Borrow until it collapses ...

    This is the only way Entitlements will get reformed .... when the Gov can no longer borrow money to give it away
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    I can't speak for transporter, but personally I think it's great. My problem is that those tax cuts are not coupled with spending cuts. We can't keep doing this.
    The problem is not the tax cuts, the problem is the lack of spending cuts. We can agree on that point for sure.

    However, NOT giving tax cuts is not the solution to that problem. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I'm sure Trump will be charged with more crimes before Hillary.

    Please pin this for future reference

    Pinned, as requested.....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    I can't speak for transporter, but personally I think it's great. My problem is that those tax cuts are not coupled with spending cuts. We can't keep doing this.
    Do you agree that tax cuts result in expanding the tax base, therefore more revenue to the federal coffers? Do keep in mind that Trump has tasked each agency (save the DoD) to cut spending by 5% per agency.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    The problem is not the tax cuts, the problem is the lack of spending cuts. We can agree on that point for sure.

    However, NOT giving tax cuts is not the solution to that problem. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    I agree 100% and certainly am not advocating for raising taxes because the govt. couldn't fiscally manage their way out of a wet paper bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Do you agree that tax cuts result in expanding the tax base, therefore more revenue to the federal coffers? Do keep in mind that Trump has tasked each agency (save the DoD) to cut spending by 5% per agency.
    Yes, I agree. Note that Trump asking and it actually happening are two different things. Congress members would have to justify to their constituents the potential job losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Yes, I agree. Note that Trump asking and it actually happening are two different things. Congress members would have to justify to their constituents the potential job losses.
    My god! When the government spends too much you complain (rightly so). When a president finally proposes spending cuts you complain about job losses. Did you know there is a 7.1 million job surplus out there?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    My god! When the government spends too much you complain (rightly so). When a president finally proposes spending cuts you complain about job losses. Did you know there is a 7.1 million job surplus out there?
    I'm not complaining, just pointing out the reality of Congress needing to pass the tax cuts, not Trump simply wanting them. Note that no one has seen or heard of this tax cut until Trump's rally, so I think it should be taken with a grain of salt.

    Especially since Trump said a proposal would come in 2 weeks and it would pass in November. The House is not in session and won't even return until mid-November.

    This sort of stuff sounds good when yammering to a crowd of your supporters, but let's be real about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Members who have read this thread: 30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |