Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Ouch!!

  1. #1

    Ouch!!

    With eyes clear but certainly not starry, we enthusiastically endorse Beto O'Rourke for U.S. Senate. The West Texas congressman's command of issues that matter to this state, his unaffected eloquence and his eagerness to reach out to all Texans make him one of the most impressive candidates this editorial board has encountered in many years. Despite the long odds he faces pollster nonpareil Nate Silver gives O'Rourke a 20 percent chance of winning a "Beto" victory would be good for Texas, not only because of his skills, both personal and political, but also because of the manifest inadequacies of the man he would replace.

    Ted Cruz a candidate the Chronicle endorsed in 2012, by the way is the junior senator from Texas in name only. Exhibiting little interest in addressing the needs of his fellow Texans during his six years in office, he has kept his eyes on a higher prize. He's been running for president since he took the oath of office more likely since he picked up his class schedule as a 15-year-old ninth-grader at Houston's Second Baptist High School more than three decades ago. For Cruz, public office is a private quest; the needs of his constituents are secondary.
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opi...t-13320986.php

    I really don't care much about a Texas race...but the Chronicle sure nailed Cruz.

  2. #2
    So beto has a 20% chance of winning which means Cruz has an 80% chance. Of course the polls said hillary had an 80% chance too but Cruz gets 80% without the liberal socialist media helping him. We will just keep on winning! MAGA!
    Being a left-handed conservative is tough. When somebody calls me a lefty I want to punch them.

  3. #3
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    127,399
    Blog Entries
    2
    A newspaper endorsing the Democrat. Wow. I think I might faint from shock.

    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |