Proressive Civility in Politics

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Sunday, Billy Corben, the Leftist documentary film director of ESPN’s "The U," took to social media to compare attendees of an upcoming pro-Israel rally in South Florida to Ku Klux Klan members.

Corben attacked Aventura-based Mo’s Bagels and Deli for hosting Florida GOP gubernatorial nominee Ron DeSantis and his pro-Israel rally, tweeting that "white hoods are optional" for attendees.

Corben’s shaming of GOP businesses that back conservatives is part of a dangerous trend on the Left. It follows months of Democrat leaders calling for their supporters to publicly harass conservatives. At a June rally, Rep. Maxine Waters charged supporters, "If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere."

As long as the Left perpetuates this attitude of violence, it will remain impossible to find common values. Their mob-like tactics must cease if the United States of America are to remain United.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37466/progressive-film-director-calls-boycott-florida-jeremy-frankel

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everybody they don't like is a Nazi and KKK. They can't just simply disagree; they have to demonize.

This fires up their nutter base but I can't imagine anyone outside the hivemind goes for this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
They can't just simply disagree; they have to demonize.

Once labeled

Racist - why do you hate brown people looking for a better life
Climate Denier - you have mother earth - the science has been settled 20 yrs we only have 12 left to effect changes to save the planet
Homephobe - you don't want business owners forced to violate their morals
Misogynist - #MeToo ... why don't you believe CBF
White Supremacist
something involving your White privilege

or the latest Russian Bot or Russian Agent Provocateur [one of the 12 trolls from Minsk]

they no longer have to consider your position or facts or where you stand in an issue, you are EVIL and thus can be ignored

now if you are 'EVIL' you can / must per put down, shut down, made to fear for holding an 'unpopular' opinion or

Transporter puts it on display every day Anyone or Anything that does not conform to Her World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish .....

Last edited:

SamSpade

Everybody they don't like is a Nazi and KKK. They can't just simply disagree; they have to demonize.

This fires up their nutter base but I can't imagine anyone outside the hivemind goes for this.

I've really got to hope that enough civil-minded Democrats decide that voting against their party is the only way to send the message :

Knock it off. We're supposed to be the party of "the people". I didn't sign on for this crap.

Another day and the Republican's chances of keeping the House improve according to RCP.
Currently, they're poised to win 200 seats with 30 undecided, although most of those are currently held by Republicans.
If they win slightly over half of those 30 - 18 more - they win.

SamSpade

Once labeled

Exactly. Once labelled, your arguments don't matter, however sound they might be.

And I've said before, they very strongly resemble cultish religion, where once it's established you're a heathen or an enemy of their religion,
no amount of reasoning will penetrate. My own brother believes the earth is a mere 6000 years old, and all geologic or fossil evidence
in existence just means that God created the earth - old already. All evidence showing an older earth is dismissed with the argument
that God just made it old to begin with.

I have a highly intelligent physicist uncle - who believes the Flood was an actual event that took place on Earth, and believes it WAS
in fact, world-wide, because prior to that, the atmosphere actually held enough water to utterly inundate every square inch of the planet,
and that somehow, that water found its way into the crust afterward. The concept of genetic diversity of tens of thousands of species
and the impossibility of feeding all those creatures, let alone populate the earth with its own distinct races - all from the family of Noah -
the "science" is irrelevant.

You can't explain to people that some of their ideas CANNOT work.

I believe they call this - in logic circles - "invincible ignorance". The facts no longer matter, because the messenger is "tainted".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have a highly intelligent physicist uncle - who believes the Flood was an actual event that took place on Earth, and believes it WAS in fact, world-wide, because prior to that, the atmosphere actually held enough water to utterly inundate every square inch of the planet, and that somehow, that water found its way into the crust afterward.

Ok Hold on ...

I thought this one was actually proven in the 1970's with Geological 'core' samples showing a world wide flooding event in history past ?

let alone populate the earth with its own distinct races - all from the family of Noah - the "science" is irrelevant.

Miracle :shrug:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

According to the story, a united humanity in the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating eastward, comes to the land of Shinar (שִׁנְעָר‬). There they agree to build a city and a tower tall enough to reach heaven. God, observing their city and tower, confounds their speech so that they can no longer understand each other, and scatters them around the world.

and once so scattered made the different 'races' ?

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

And once they come to believe that you're that evil, you have to be dealt with in the harshest of manners - violence. They are justified in their violence because... well, you're a Nazi.

Last edited:

transporter

Why don't you hypocrites review the comments from our inept, incompetent and unfit President. You know...the guy you all so blindly support.

Horseface...Pocahantas...Lying Ted...Little Marco...Rocket Man...and on and on.

Trump is THE POSTER CHILD for incivility in politics. So don't sit at your keyboards pissing and moaning about what someone else does. Clean up your own damned house!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Why don't you hypocrites review the comments from our inept, incompetent and unfit President. You know...the guy you all so blindly support.

Horseface...Pocahantas...Lying Ted...Little Marco...Rocket Man...and on and on.

Trump is THE POSTER CHILD for incivility in politics. So don't sit at your keyboards pissing and moaning about what someone else does. Clean up your own damned house!!!

So you are on record as saying two wrongs make a right?

glhs837

Power with Control
and lets be clear. I reallt dont like that Trump calls people names. It is unprofessional. If I could have some one who would wade in and get stuff done like he does, and gives as few sh%^s about what anyone thinks of him that doesnt tweet non-stop and call people names and spoke less like he does, I would vote for that person in a heartbeat. Folks are tired of career politicians.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I reallt dont like that Trump calls people names.

I do. It's belittling, and they deserve to be belittled. And let me point out AGAIN that Trump almost never throws the first punch - he just finishes the fight. I admire that. I've been waiting my whole adult life for a President who'll fight back against these freaks.

Maybe at some point the morons will get a clue and stop bombarding him with ridiculous attacks. Then he won't call them names anymore and rip them to shreds with their own hypocrisy.

glhs837

Power with Control
I do. It's belittling, and they deserve to be belittled. And let me point out AGAIN that Trump almost never throws the first punch - he just finishes the fight. I admire that. I've been waiting my whole adult life for a President who'll fight back against these freaks.

Maybe at some point the morons will get a clue and stop bombarding him with ridiculous attacks. Then he won't call them names anymore and rip them to shreds with their own hypocrisy.

I dont mind fighting back, I just think there are more elegant ways to belittle someone than calling them grade school names.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I dont mind fighting back, I just think there are more elegant ways to belittle someone than calling them grade school names.

You gotta go with what they understand. Hit them where they live. Saying, "I believe that perhaps my opponent isn't being as forthcoming as she may consider, but I respect her opinions" isn't nearly as pointed as "Crooked Hillary" and "That's because you'd be in jail".

I mean, honestly, when someone says, "I respect this young woman and feel that she is mistaken in her recollections," what they're really thinking is, "Horseface". I despise diplospeak and admire candor.

PsyOps

Pixelated

And I think you haven't considered where Trump is from, where he was raised. And we've seen what 'elegant' has gotten us. We put up with elegant lies for 16 years only to find out it resulted in getting our asses kicked. This sort of language is largely what resulted in Trump's win. The people are happy to finally have someone with an in-your-face approach to dealing with the uncivil left.

Another benefit of it is, Trumps' approach has brought out the true nature of the left - intolerant, hateful, and violent.

glhs837

Power with Control
You gotta go with what they understand. Hit them where they live. Saying, "I believe that perhaps my opponent isn't being as forthcoming as she may consider, but I respect her opinions" isn't nearly as pointed as "Crooked Hillary" and "That's because you'd be in jail".

I mean, honestly, when someone says, "I respect this young woman and feel that she is mistaken in her recollections," what they're really thinking is, "Horseface". I despise diplospeak and admire candor.

I prefer candor with class. Which isnt diplospeak, but rather eloquence.

"I believe Ms Clinton has a troubled relationship with the truth that is well documented. A relationship that were it almost anyone else, would most likely have resulted in incarcertation".

As for Ms Daniels, ignore her completely, its like that old thing about teaching the pig too sing.