Your kid’s a jerk

Misfit

Lawful neutral
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...-to-a-6-year-old-arizona-boy-s-birthday-party

TUCSON, AZ - A Tucson, Arizona 6-year-old invited 32 of his classmates to a pizza party for his birthday over the weekend... and no one showed up.

Teddy's party was held at a Peter Piper Pizza restaurant in Tucson on Sunday afternoon.

Sil Mazzini, Teddy's mom, said that 32 invitations were sent out, inviting the kindergartner's classmates and their parents to join him for celebrations at the restaurant. But no one came.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Did anyone RSVP? Were the invites mailed out or handed to responsible adults?

I'm sure the mom could have found a dozen or so other kids in the place that would have liked to celebrate a birthday and eat pizza & cake.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Shameless Go Fund Me ploy. That many kids, at least one of them would have shown up. And who alerts the press about their kid's birthday party??? Plus he scored free tickets to the Suns game.

#fakenews

SamSpade

#fakenews

I know that - way back - when my son was in kindergarten - his mom invited a LOT of kids to her son's birthday party and rented out
a bouncy house place for it - and like four kids showed up. And I don't think my son even KNEW her kid. And I had considered not going,
because the venue wasn't close by, and the time wasn't a good one.

I do kind of believe it. Typical example, Sunday, mid morning until noon. When other people are at church.
Others had a list of acceptable presents and suggestions for where to get them.
Or have the gall to pass the cost of the party onto their guests by mentioning a fee for the venue.
Some people just don't get it.

mitzi

I feel bad for the kid with a mother like that, making a spectical out of him. Why did she order all that pizza if nobody was there? Did anybody RSVP? It's hard to believe that out of 30 kids not one showed up.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I feel bad for the kid with a mother like that, making a spectical out of him. Why did she order all that pizza if nobody was there? Did anybody RSVP? It's hard to believe that out of 30 kids not one showed up.

I am still trying to understand Misfit’s title to the thread. :confused:

Chris0nllyn

Shameless Go Fund Me ploy. That many kids, at least one of them would have shown up. And who alerts the press about their kid's birthday party??? Plus he scored free tickets to the Suns game.

#fakenews

She didn't make a go fund me, did she? The press pays people to peruse social media and asking them if they can share someone's story (that's journalism now).

The more likely scenario is that some family showed up but for whatever reason, kids didn't. The mom put the picture up on social media hoping for attention and the local media got ahold of her, shared the story. The suns got ahold of it and did a nice PR move by offering tickets.

black dog

Free America
I invited a bunch of kids to my last birthday party and none of them showed up either. :coffee:

It was your invitation that scared them away..

il_570xN.1620577708_1xyp.jpg