Beige Book: Tariff Panic, Widespread Labor Shortages And "Robots"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Several Fed districts reported that firms faced rising materials and shipping costs, uncertainties over trade and difficulty finding qualified workers. Employment expanded modestly/moderately across the US, as employers throughout the country continued to report tight labor markets and difficulties finding qualified workers, including highly skilled engineers, finance and sales professionals, construction and manufacturing workers, IT professionals, and truck drivers.

And while wage growth was characterised as "modest to moderate", paradoxically, the Beige Book, based on anecdotal information collected by the 12 regional Fed banks through Oct. 15, continued to show that companies are generally not responding to the tightening labor market with significantly higher wages. Almost as if the labor market slack is far, far greater than the BLS or the administration will want us to believe.

In lieu of higher wages, some firms offered signing bonuses, flexible hours and more vacation time in order to attract and retain workers." Most businesses also expected wage gains to remain “modest to moderate” over the coming six months.

The report also pointed to widespread labor shortages that were “linked to wage increases and/or constrained growth." In the Philadelphia district, one firm noted difficulty launching a third shift because of a lack of workers while another was planning to add robots. In fact, there were two mentions of the word "robots" in this beige book.

:oldman:

Queue Transporter 'I'm Better Than You'

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish ..... or a Russian Bot or a Russian From Minsk Troll Farm

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

MiddleGround

Now you aren't even waiting for the response from your evil double?

I thought cut-n-pastes were supposed to be only 1 or 2 lines from the story as per :coffee:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I heard a siren...ruh roh..

FORUM_POLICE.jpg

transporter

Several Fed districts reported that firms faced rising materials and shipping costs, uncertainties over trade and difficulty finding qualified workers. Employment expanded modestly/moderately across the US, as employers throughout the country continued to report tight labor markets and difficulties finding qualified workers, including highly skilled engineers, finance and sales professionals, construction and manufacturing workers, IT professionals, and truck drivers.

And while wage growth was characterised as "modest to moderate", paradoxically, the Beige Book, based on anecdotal information collected by the 12 regional Fed banks through Oct. 15, continued to show that companies are generally not responding to the tightening labor market with significantly higher wages. Almost as if the labor market slack is far, far greater than the BLS or the administration will want us to believe.

In lieu of higher wages, some firms offered signing bonuses, flexible hours and more vacation time in order to attract and retain workers." Most businesses also expected wage gains to remain “modest to moderate” over the coming six months.

The report also pointed to widespread labor shortages that were “linked to wage increases and/or constrained growth." In the Philadelphia district, one firm noted difficulty launching a third shift because of a lack of workers while another was planning to add robots. In fact, there were two mentions of the word "robots" in this beige book.

:oldman:

Queue Transporter 'I'm Better Than You'

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish ..... or a Russian Bot or a Russian From Minsk Troll Farm

Awww....poor comrade GURPS...can't handle having your sh!tty sources thrown back in your face??? Can't handle having your biased and uneducated viewpoints called out for being biased and uneducated?

Did you author complete high school? Do they know how to use grammar check? This is the opening sentence in your pathetic zerohedge post:
Last month ago, we summarized the September Beige Book by saying that shortly after the March inflationary panic, the one thing, perhaps the only thing, that was fascinating companies was the continuing threat of trade wars.

Quality folks you listen to there comrade GURPS. I look forward to their next report....maybe zerohedge can count the number of the times they use the words "interest rates".

I am waiting with baited breath for comrade GURPS' next 10-15 propaganda posts from dailywire! God knows articles from far right wing propaganda websites are unbiased and based on facts that are presented in a well rounded purely informational format!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Awww .... poor comrade GURPS...can't handle having your sh!tty sources thrown back in your face??? Can't handle having your biased and uneducated viewpoints called out for being biased and uneducated?

Did you author complete high school? Do they know how to use grammar check?

Quality folks you listen to there comrade GURPS. I look forward to their next report .... maybe zerohedge can count the number of the times they use the words "interest rates".

I am waiting with baited breath for comrade GURPS' next 10-15 propaganda posts from dailywire! God knows articles from far right wing propaganda websites are unbiased and based on facts that are presented in a well rounded purely informational format!!

Swing and a Home Run, the Crowd Goes Wild ....... :diva:

So you have nothing other than your usual dismissive derision ?

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

MiddleGround

I heard a siren...ruh roh..

I actually find it hilarious that board mommy says the children have to do something and the kids just ignore it and do whatever they want anyways.

Like I have said many times.. I love all you crazy maniacs. You are an ever relaible source of hilarity and entertainment :lmao:

MiddleGround

hold a grudge much

Maybe??

Cut-n-paste political crap all day.. every day... much?

Question for you...

You said before that you have a word document with ready-made replies for transporter. You also said you work. Does that mean that you are working this weekend OR do you actually have the same pre-loaded responses on your work and home computers? Just wondering how much space transporter is occupying in your head. :lmao:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm just sayin'

I don't have preloaded word documents on both my work AND home computers that hold responses to internet forum members :coffee:

yeah so what, that does not mean I am sitting around concerned there might be a Transporter thread unanswered somewhere on somd.om

I am lazy not obsessed

I'm done HERE, have fun playing with yourself