"I'm a Democrat and I'm sticking with my Party"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/im-a-democrat-and-im-sticking-with-my-party-heres-why

The Democratic Party represented by the Washington elite may seem a world away from what I believe, but I feel I am part of my party’s silent majority.

^^ That is the pertinent takeaway.

I appreciate someone who can present their views with lucidity, especially a Democrat because they do it so seldom these days. She, the author, is almost certainly part of the silent majority - I don't believe every Democrat out there is a psycho, and I do think most of them would go down the same list of beliefs as Ms. Cafaro. Unfortunately she's living in a dream world if she thinks the Dem Party leadership aren't the, um, leaders of the Party.

That's why I walked away from the GOP - I'd believed for some time that I was part of a silent majority but, after looking at the Party leadership and many of its tenets, it became clear to me that *I* was the RINO.

But a stunning observation: she did that whole piece and only mentioned President Trump once, and it was not in a derogatory way.

:faint:

Anyway, I would like to see people like Ms. Cafero take back their Party. I don't agree with them on the issues, but that's okay - I can have a reasonable debate/discussion with someone like this. There's room for negotiation and compromise; a legitimate voice for all, which is the backbone of our Republic.

Midnightrider

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/im-a-democrat-and-im-sticking-with-my-party-heres-why

I appreciate someone who can present their views with lucidity, especially a Democrat because they do it so seldom these days. She, the author, is almost certainly part of the silent majority - I don't believe every Democrat out there is a psycho, and I do think most of them would go down the same list of beliefs as Ms. Cafaro. Unfortunately she's living in a dream world if she thinks the Dem Party leadership aren't the, um, leaders of the Party.

That's why I walked away from the GOP - I'd believed for some time that I was part of a silent majority but, after looking at the Party leadership and many of its tenets, it became clear to me that *I* was the RINO.

But a stunning observation: she did that whole piece and only mentioned President Trump once, and it was not in a derogatory way.

Anyway, I would like to see people like Ms. Cafero take back their Party. I don't agree with them on the issues, but that's okay - I can have a reasonable debate/discussion with someone like this. There's room for negotiation and compromise; a legitimate voice for all, which is the backbone of our Republic.
If you walked away from the republican party, who have you been voting for?

walking away and still voting for them is pretty meaningless

Midnightrider

and there you have it......

Here's the Soros piece:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/opinion/george-soros-mailbox-bomb.html

I love how he blames *Trump* for the incivility and doesn't mention a word about the crap the Democrats and their media minions spew.

I completely agree with this part, and voted straight Republican this election - not one single Democrat got my vote. :patriot:

Hijinx

:killingme

yeah, i wouldnt expect an honest answer from you

You wouldn't know an honest answer if it bit you on the ass.

The answer is exactly correct. Leaving a party means you can vote for anyone you want to.
It is about leaving a party you no longer agree with. It does not mean you cannot vote for one of that party that you do agree with
You were described earlier as clueless. That appears to be the case.

luvmygdaughters

If you walked away from the republican party, who have you been voting for?

walking away and still voting for them is pretty meaningless

I would vote for the candidate who would be inline with most of my beliefs and values. Right now, the republican party follows this very closely. They are acting like leaders, not like a bunch of crybabies, who didnt get their way.

Midnightrider

You wouldn't know an honest answer if it bit you on the ass.

The answer is exactly correct. Leaving a party means you can vote for anyone you want to.
It is about leaving a party you no longer agree with. It does not mean you cannot vote for one of that party that you do agree with
You were described earlier as clueless. That appears to be the case.

you can vote for anyone you want without leaving your party. Thats the great thing about voting anonymously.

Talk about clueless.

PsyOps

Pixelated

The problem I have is with the silence. In my opinion, silence is consent. What we're not getting from this 'silent majority' within the democrat party is condemnation of the violence and disruptive behavior of leftists. These people need to come out and push people like Maxine Waters out of her seat. They need to tell their followers that Holder doesn't represent their views. Michelle Obama did this, but it got largely ignored.

Now, I know MR and Trans and others will pop in here and say "what about Trump". There are plenty of republicans rejecting Trump's rhetoric. What we're not seeing from Trump supporters is them going into our cities and destroying them, calling for the killing of cops, disrupting the private lives of prominent democrats, committing violence against people they see as left wing people... So, save it for your echo chamber friends who share this same displaced view.

Midnightrider

Who are you to define what's meaningful to someone else and how they vote?

Words have meanings. You haven’t walked away from the party if you are still voting for that party.

It’s like saying you spilt from your wife while you continue to live with and bang her.