Why do people steal in front of a security camera?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I look at the Crime Solvers thread and am just amazed at how many people will steal or rob the place, when they have to know they're on camera.

Are people really that stupid or do they just not care?

Kinnakeet

I look at the Crime Solvers thread and am just amazed at how many people will steal or rob the place, when they have to know they're on camera.

They dont care as nothing really happens to them anyway because Obama said not to put them in jail for a long period of time and when they get out give them a free phone on the peoples tax dollars....lol

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Stupid, don't care, and will do anything for their drug habit. A few days in the pokey then they are out doing the same #### again.

baxter

they know they will be caught, but not punished,,,,,,,SAD,,,,,don't steal from me, shoot first then ask questions if I give a ####

steppinthrax

In realility you'd be surprised how many people get away from doing something in front of a Security Camera and not being identified and caught. Many times camera systems are not properly setup, not recording, dummy cameras etc...

Goldenhawk

I have yet to see "Please help identify this thug" pictures that were clear enough to really identify anyone. Maybe they don't post the best photos (to avoid revealing their capabilities?) but I've been frequently surprised/amused how big-box stores with real theft problems have such lousy security camera setups especially at their main exit points.

glhs837

Power with Control
Most recently, subway on GMR had some pictures posted by the Sheriif and you coud barely tell the perp was human. Targets on the other hand, was pretty damn good.