Navy in Norway

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Great photo of one of the Norwegian 65-knot fast attack craft operating with/alongside our aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman along the coast of Norway.

Spent the better part of 6 years helping to develop, build and launch those Norwegian fast attack missile craft..

Photo taken from Truman.

Skjold alongside Truman.jpg

Last edited:

Bonehead

Kinda like a knife in a gun fight better than nothing I suppose.. A deck gun vs. a stand off missile or two....

black dog

Free America
Kinda like a knife in a gun fight better than nothing I suppose.. A deck gun vs. a stand off missile or two....

I'm quite sure it has multiple retractable Missle systems on board. Along with sams, beltfeds, and other weapon systems the can be easily mounted on the exterior of the ship.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Ahhh.. but same could said going the other way.. not going to shoot a harpoon as a warning shot across the bow are you?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A fast attack boat yet it still sports a deck gun...some ideas die hard.

But sporting 8 of the most advanced anti-ship missiles in existence today..they make any of the ancient Harpoons the US has look silly by comparison..or did you miss that part? I think you did.

Oh..and yes..it has a rapid fire deck gun..and that 76 Oto Malera deck gun alone gives the Skjold more gun firepower than the silly US Littoral Combat Ships.

Feel stupid now? You should..this is obviously not your thing.

Last edited:

Bonehead

I didn't know anything about it's weapons systems for sure, no need to be a dick about my lack of information though.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I didn't know anything about it's weapons systems for sure, .

Then one might question why you commented as you did. -)

But please accept my apology for being so abrupt. The Skjold vessels are my babies..spent over 6 years on the design and production of the first one.