Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Navy in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Kinda like a knife in a gun fight better than nothing I suppose.. A deck gun vs. a stand off missile or two....
    Speaking of that...here is one of the Swedish Navies state-of-the-art corvettes. The Visby-class..they built operate 5 of them. As designed, they were supposed to be armed with a very capable anti-ship missile system and an anti-submarine missile system..both of which were cancelled. So instead they only sport that little 57mm deck gun. The Swedes practically disbanded their entire military structure beginning more than a decade ago..something they now very badly regret and are trying to reverse.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

I tried to post that it carried a bunch of Bocephus Missles, but everytime I typed Bocephus, it autocorrected to Bocephus Missles..
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    A fast attack boat yet it still sports a deck gun ... some ideas die hard.
    not everyone you face will be equipped with a Missile System
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

That Deck gun is The Shizzle in The Gulf of Eden...
    No one cares.

Members who have read this thread: 43