What nonsense looks like

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good grief. Draining the ocean with a teacup sounds more feasible...

And...20 billion tonnes a year times $100/tonne removal cost = 2 trillion dollars a year...spent on theoretical nonsense. Bring on the warm, baby!

The report says that current technologies that cost less than $100 per tonne can be scaled up safely and store large amounts of carbon but much less than is needed to avoid dangerous climate change.

To meet the Paris climate agreement - to global temperature rise below 2C - about 20 billion tonnes of CO2 would need to be removed from the atmosphere every year by 2100. The technologies assessed in the report would remove "significantly less than 10 billion tonnes of CO2".

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45967215

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm in my workshop now, trying to perfect my latest "carbon capture" device. It's resemblance to the net they use to capture crazies is purely coincidental.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm in my workshop now, trying to perfect my latest "carbon capture" device. It's resemblance to the net they use to capture crazies is purely coincidental.

Allow me to be Larry for a minute," if they take all of the CO2 out of the air, then the trees will all die". Larry would say it with more panache, but the idea is the same.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Allow me to be Larry for a minute," if they take all of the CO2 out of the air, then the trees will all die". Larry would say it with more panache, but the idea is the same.

Larry should be collecting on that deal already...he raises "CO2 scrubbing machines" for a living. I'll ask him how much he's received so far.