Trump’s decision on ethanol hurts consumers

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why do we argue that the E15 decision is the wrong policy? Multiple industries have long warned about the risks of E15. Vehicle compatibility tests have shown that this fuel can damage engines and fuel systems, potentially leaving consumers on the hook for expensive repair bills. Nearly three out of every four vehicles on the road today are not designed for E15 gasoline use, including some 2018 model year cars and SUVs, and a number of automakers have even warned that using E15 in vehicles not designed for it could potentially void car warranties.

And these issues are not limited to just cars. Consumer groups warn that E15 is incompatible with lawnmowers, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and boats. The boating and small power equipment associations ( Look Before You Pump) are very concerned about consumers misfueling their engines with E15.

As for more affordable energy, the math doesn’t add up for higher ethanol blends. Ethanol has a lower energy content than gasoline, forcing drivers to fill up more often when using these blends. On top of that, the Congressional Budget Office projects gasoline prices could rise substantially unless the Renewable Fuel Standard mandate’s market-distorting impacts are reined in.

Trump’s decision on ethanol hurts consumers

glhs837

Power with Control
Wait, you Russian Bot, you. It appears as though you are saying Trump can do wrong things? Can that be so?

In any case, I agree wholeheratedly. the whole ethanol thing was perfect example of bought and paid for regulation that served no one except those who paid for it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Wait, you Russian Bot, you. It appears as though you are saying Trump can do wrong things? Can that be so?

Their must be a programming error somewhere ...... :shrug:

In any case, I agree wholeheartedly. the whole ethanol thing was perfect example of bought and paid for regulation that served no one except those who paid for it.

I would have 'hoped' Trump would end this nightmare not make it worse .... my 95 Saturn [rest in peace] lost 5 mpg when the Feds Forced E10 on us

glhs837

Power with Control
Their must be a programming error somewhere ...... :shrug:

I would have 'hoped' Trump would end this nightmare not make it worse .... my 95 Saturn [rest in peace] lost 5 mpg when the Feds Forced E10 on us

First step in the checklist is some "percussive maintenance". At least that was the first step for those us us "raised" with avionics boxes filled old school electromechanical relays. I'm gonna assume Russian equipment must be like that :)

Like the siezure laws, there are places he could do a lot better.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Same here. I'm looking in to buying another storage tank and having non-ethanol fuel delivered here to my compound. I also looked in to the various processes and setups for removing the ethanol from the gas before using it but they are somewhat cumbersome and..worse...result in a significant reduction in octane rating after the fuel has been cleared of ethanol. You have to start out with 93 E10 to end up withing around 87 or so.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
as long as you don't have one of the newer trucks requiring piss add on

When I first heard about "diesel exhaust fluid" I seriously thought somebody was pulling my leg. You know...like "blinker fluid", or "muffler bearing grease". I laughed and laughed.

Then I found out they were serious..

PeoplesElbow

I was at a gas station in Northa Carolina this weekend and there were several pumps, there was the normal 87, 89, and 92, then there was an E88 (which was 88 octane E85) then "flex fuel" that contained between 20-51% ethanol. First time I had seen that.