Whatcha giving out tonight?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're going to a campground potluck. I made deviled eggs and we have trick or treat snacks as well.

trickortreat.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
oh heck..deviled eggs are my favorite.

No kids showing up here...although the neighbors organized a traditional hay ride for the island kids...few that there are..so that's pretty cool. They have a couple vintage tractors that they compete with in the tractor pulls...one of those is dragging a hay wagon around the neighborhood tonight.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Five deer ran through my back woods tonight when I was enjoying the quiet. I offered cracked corn but they declined and kept on going.

littlelady

God bless the USA
We had 8. Hub sat outside because of Daisy being a barker, and our surrogate kitty, Lucky. Didn’t want them to get out. It turned out well, though, because hub talked to several neighbors that were doing the same thing. Our house was built in 1970. Most of our neighbors bought at that time, raised their children, and stayed into retirement. They said back in the day, there were so many that they ran out of candy. I chose to move back to Mont Cty because of fam, and I like my neighbors’ and their stories. I made both of my grands costumes they wore tonight. Happy Halloween, y’all. Boo! :lol:

SamSpade

Nothing. First year we just gave up trying. Last several years we had candy and no one came. This year we didn't bother.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I wound up with over 30 little goblins and ghouls. Well, some not so little. :lol: The cutest was one little boy who told me not to give him much candy as he already had so much. :smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep, When the 'kids' are old enough to look down on you they can get a job and buy their damned own candy.

That misses the point of Halloween and trick or treating.

Nothing. First year we just gave up trying. Last several years we had candy and no one came. This year we didn't bother.

But your kids went out, right? Did you see other kids where yours were?

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the death of trick or treating....

frequentflier

happy to be living
When we lived in southern CA, I always bought small bags of pretzels to give away. The husband would go out and buy candy insisting kids wanted and expected candy!

Surprisingly, given the choice, a majority of kids wanted the pretzels. They already had a crap ton of candy.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I bought a bag of the same stuff you got. It's still un-opened. Pickle got a half bucket of candy, then had to go potty. We took him home to potty, and he didn't want to go back out.

officeguy

We don't live in a neighborhood with kids. We know one elderly lady who really looks forward to the kids coming by. So we round up some of our kids friends and come by. Neighbor is happy, kids are happy. Then we go to a tighter neighborhood where we lived years back and the kids make their rounds while we stop in for drinks with the former neighbors.
It takes the right neighborhood for trick or treating to make sense.