VHS to DVD

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have some mini-VHS tapes I need burned to DVD. Any suggestions where to get this done?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
True, not for a one time thing. But I have 13 tapes...

Ouch, at their prices that's gonna hurt. I have a VHS/DVD player here and I know you can buy a tape thingy that lets them play the compact ones in the regular VHS slot. Let me do a little research and see what is involved.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ouch, at their prices that's gonna hurt. I have a VHS/DVD player here and I know you can buy a tape thingy that lets them play the compact ones in the regular VHS slot. Let me do a little research and see what is involved.

That would be great, thx! You'd probably get a kick out of them. Baby Bug. :lol:

black dog

Free America
I have a bunch of minis myself, my father took his and played them on a big screen TV and set his new camera on video infront of the tv recording them. And then put them on his laptop.

xobxdoc

There is a guy past the base that does this for a business. I used him last week. Cant think of the name right now but just google tape to digital near me and he should pop up.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Thank you both! I'll look into it!

You're welcome. I was looking into the converter to play the mini VHS tapes in a regular one and the cost was more than I thought. Having someone local do this who has the equipment to do it seems like the way to go.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You're welcome. I was looking into the converter to play the mini VHS tapes in a regular one and the cost was more than I thought. Having someone local do this who has the equipment to do it seems like the way to go.

And to purchase for a one time only thing isn't cost effective.

black dog

Free America

They are about 30 bucks for the mini adapter on Prime..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I did them myself years ago. A piece of software and a couple of cables - voila. It was time consuming, though.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I did them myself years ago. A piece of software and a couple of cables - voila. It was time consuming, though.
In RR's case, they are MINI VHS tapes, so an adapter to be able to play them is needed PLUS a functional VHS player PLUS the software PLUS the cables, each costing X amount. It all adds up quickly. :nomoney: