finally some decent customer service

xobxdoc

Sneade's Ace Hardware delivered some lumber to me on time. They even called me ahead of time to let me know they were on their way on schedule. This is in contrast to my shed delivery the week before by a company I wont name.. I was on the schedule for a noon delivery. At 3 they called me and said they were running late. I had a little attitude but kept it civil. He commenced to tell me how his previous delivery was all messed up. I asked him why he couldn't call at noon to let me know that there would be a delay so I was not held hostage at the house. He was didn't see it that way.
So we set up delivery for noon the next day. At 1:45 I got a text from him saying " GPS say 2PM".
I had a mobile business at one time. I always called my customers even when I was on time. It takes that anxiety away from the customer so they dont just sit there and watch the clock. It's effortless but most people choose not to do it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Never had a problem there. LAst time I needed a piece for the used Green Egg we bought. They didnt have it on the floor, took the one off a floor model, realized it was the wrong one, apologized, then someone checked the inventory of the truck that had just arrived. They dove into it and got me the part. All this for a $30 sale. If I were a regular customer spending big, I might understand that, but I only stop in once a month or so.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I can guess the company who will remain nameless.

Deliveries have been a mess since they did away with in house drivers and went with a third party delivery disservice that uses independent subcontractors. The drivers don't even own their own trucks, they rent them from whoever, and none live in southern Maryland.

Sometimes the third party dispatcher has to hire drivers from southern New Jersey because the ones who do live in Maryland are already farmed out. Southern Maryland seems to be an after thought for them.

We've had 2 delivery managers fired since they made the change, being scapegoated for the third party's mistakes. The delivery manager who had the job when they made the change quit, I think he saw what was coming and wanted no part of it.

I've asked how we can tell the customers they will have a good experience with us when we do not own the process every step of the way.

We're having similar "success" with installations no longer being controlled at store level, but through a call center in Indiana.