Revelation 11 Meet 2 Witnesses

seekeroftruth

Revelation 11: 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a]​

a. Revelation 11:4 See Zech. 4:3,11,14

Sticking with amazingdiscoveries.org site.

“The two witnesses,” which are said to be “two olive trees” and “two candlesticks,” represent the Old and New Testaments. The olive trees represent the power of the Holy Spirit. The candlesticks symbolize the spiritual light of the scriptures. Psalm 119:105; Zechariah 4:1-14. The two witnesses were to “prophesy…in sackcloth,” symbolizing mourning. The Bible was not readily available to the common people. There are several reasons for this:

1. It was only available in Hebrew, Greek and Latin;
2. It had to be copied by hand so there were few copies;
3. During religious services both scripture reading and sermons were in Latin;
4. The church’s stance was that since the common people could not understand the Bible, the clergy must interpret it for them;
5. Even after the Bible was translated into the common language of the people, the church forbade them to read it.​

Ok. The Two Witness are the Old and New Testament? OK

This is from the easy English site.

Verse 3 God will send two men to speak for him. John does not tell us who these two witnesses are. Many Bible teachers say that these men are Moses and Elijah. Some teachers say that they are Enoch and Elijah. But we cannot be sure who they are.

These two men will wear rough clothes. This is to show that they are serious. What they have to say is important. They tell about God’s anger against the sins of the people.

In prophecy, a month is 30 days. The 1260 days here are the same period as the 42 months in verse 2. They are the last half of the 7-year period before Jesus comes.

Verse 4 Zechariah saw two olive trees and a lamp holder (Zechariah 4:1-7). Zechariah asked an angel what these meant. In his reply, this is what the angel said. ‘Not by force, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of armies.’

The olive trees provide the oil for the lamps. The oil burns in the lamps in order to give light. So, God has given the power of his Spirit to work by these two men.

This input is from the blueletterbible.org.

In the picture from Zechariah, oil lamps are filled directly from olive trees which "pipe" oil right to the lamps. This is a picture of continual, abundant supply. If we will be witnesses, we must first have something to witness - our own personal encounter with Jesus Christ. Then, we must have the power of the Holy Spirit to bring forth the story of what we have witnessed effectively.​

Wow... a pipeline directly from the tree to the oil lamps.... auto-fill!

So for 1,260 days these two men, clothes in rough clothes, will say only what God wants them to say. Government won't be telling them what they can and cannot say. Churches won't be telling them what they can and cannot say. According to one of the commentaries... it'll be like God has a telephone line going right to the ear, mind, heart, and mouth of these two men.

I've seen God take over someone's mouth before. God made a donkey talk so I'm pretty sure He can pipeline sermons to two men.

:coffee: