Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Voting without ID

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Wait til you see how often I vote after I'm dead!
    No one cares.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Um, reports of voter fraud are coming out pretty much every week from all across America. Do they not allow you to have news in your world? Have they put blocks on your internet?
    Only from paranoid people like yourself. Look up the statics on actual cases of voter fraud and stop listening to Fox news and Breitbart scaring you into believing lies.


    How exactly is someone going to vote for someone else?

    Lets' think about it shall we

    First you have to show up at the right location which for me only covers about a 8 block radius.

    Second you have to know the persons name and address.

    Third that assumes they haven't already been there and voted.

    Why would someone ( especially an illegal immigrant who could be deported) risk jail time to steal one vote?


    When you think about these things logically voter fraud makes no sense which is the reason it doesn't happen often.

    Republicans just want to scare you into believing it does. Just like they want to scare you that this caravan is full of murders and polio ridden people coming for your jobs.




    Voted Id laws have long been put in place by republicans to provide one more barrier to voting for the poor

  3. #73
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    127,457
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Voted Id laws have long been put in place by republicans to provide one more barrier to voting for the poor
    So you think poor people don't drive, or have a bank account, or receive medical care, or even a welfare check, or buy alcohol, or cigarettes, or travel, or anything else?

    What a slimy little elitist you are.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you think poor people don't drive, or have a bank account, or receive medical care, or even a welfare check, or buy alcohol, or cigarettes, or travel, or anything else?

    What a slimy little elitist you are.
    Why does everyone need to drive? Not everyone has a bank account or buys alcohol. You don't need an id to receive medical care numbskull.



    Now lets get back to the facts that show

    "A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast. Even this tiny number is likely inflated, as the study’s author counted not just prosecutions or convictions, but any and all credible claims.
    Two studies done at Arizona State University, one in 2012 and another in 2016, found similarly negligible rates of impersonation fraud. The project found 10 cases of voter impersonation fraud nationwide from 2000-2012. The follow-up study, which looked for fraud specifically in states where politicians have argued that fraud is a pernicious problem, found zero successful prosecutions for impersonation fraud in five states from 2012-2016.
    A review of the 2016 election found four documented cases of voter fraud. "

    https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ter-fraud-myth

  5. #75
    Imagine No Democrats Kyle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    15,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Why does everyone need to drive? Not everyone has a bank account or buys alcohol. You don't need an id to receive medical care numbskull.

    Now lets get back to the facts that show
    Hey ####bag!

    The "Facts" are that you can not function in society without an ID.

    You want to cheat, you'll have to find more elaborate ways to do so.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If You Donít Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed." - Mark Twain

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Why does everyone need to drive? Not everyone has a bank account or buys alcohol. You don't need an id to receive medical care numbskull.]
    To get any services form your local State and Federal Government you have to have valid state or federal ID..
    The only healthcare one is going to get is at the Emergency room without ID..
    If one wants state or federal issued free healthcare, you need valid ID.
    No one cares.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    First you have to show up at the right location which for me only covers about a 8 block radius.
    Well that might be true in some places, but my polling place is 4-5 miles away. Second, with early voting you can vote at ANY polling place in your county (using Maryland as the example, there were 11 polling places in the large counties such as PG and Montgomery).

    Second you have to know the persons name and address.
    Do you know your neighbor's name and address? Hypothetically, if you know he wasn't going to vote or was out of town, you could pretend to be him if wanted to commit fraud...

    Third that assumes they haven't already been there and voted.
    Not if you get there first...

    Why would someone ( especially an illegal immigrant who could be deported) risk jail time to steal one vote?
    Good question, but people do it.

    When you think about these things logically voter fraud makes no sense which is the reason it doesn't happen often.
    Do you think its impossible for some organization to exploit the lack of ID requirement to do a large-scale voter fraud? Notice I didn't say such a thing is likely, only is it possible...

    The system for voting has to be above reproach. The system needs to be foolproof. The registration process, the voting process, the validation process, the register of eligible voters...all of it needs to have specific ways to ensure it is accurate.

    Republicans just want to scare you into believing it does.
    Maybe, but Democrats want us to believe that some people are too stupid to obtain an ID, even when there are ways to get a state issued ID for FREE if needed.

    Voted Id laws have long been put in place by republicans to provide one more barrier to voting for the poor
    Explain how, if voting is so important to people and if an ID is required, that it is so impossible for these people to get an ID? IMO I think there is more voter fraud than there are poor that don't have an ID.
    Last edited by Rommey; 11-08-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    Go back and search before you rock back that Pez dispenser of Stupid called a mouth. ~ Pete

  8. #78
    Doris Day meets Lady Gaga Bann's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Prince Frederick
    Posts
    26,878
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    I kinda agree with this, although I am unsure about voter fraud and how much is real and how much is ramped up.

    I think a lot of depends on how much voting means to you and how organized you are. I know a lot of people in Baltimore city that just don't drive - they have bus transportation/cabs all over creation - I can imagine the same scenario in other large cities. So that's one form of identification that they may not possess. If you're not an organized person - it's easy to misplace a birth certificate and it can cost anywhere from $25.00 to $85.00 to replace. And if you need a divorce decree if the name is different from birth to marriage there's another $25.00 to $85.00. If you're older and let your license expire does it still count as an ID? How do you get to DMV if you're in a rural area and have no means of transportation other than family? Does your family like you enough to take the time out to take you to DMV? Do you still know where your social security card is - I sure as hell don't.

    Maryland is ridiculous when it comes to drivers license renewal - are other states the same I wonder.

    I'm not saying that showing an ID is a bad idea - I'm just saying you really got to care about voting and make sure your ducks are in a row as much as several months out sometimes.
    If people aren't organized enough to keep important documents in a place where they can be accessed when needed, then that's on them. I'll be 60 years old in less than a year, and I've managed to carry mine from place to place for the last 42 years without losing them. My ducks are in a row when I need them.

    My developmentally disabled son has a state issued ID because he doesn't drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

  9. #79
    Registered User Goldenhawk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lexington Park
    Posts
    823
    I personally think it's pretty simple logic: If you can't discover and take the simple steps required to get and retain an ID and present it at the voting place, you probably aren't qualified to make decisions about who should be leading us.

    I guarantee you, if voter ID was the law, there would be just as much help for getting an ID as there currently is for registering to vote. Saying it's a burden is a strawman argument; the same could easily be said about registering to vote in the first place.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    I personally think it's pretty simple logic: If you can't discover and take the simple steps required to get and retain an ID and present it at the voting place, you probably aren't qualified to make decisions about who should be leading us.

    I guarantee you, if voter ID was the law, there would be just as much help for getting an ID as there currently is for registering to vote. Saying it's a burden is a strawman argument; the same could easily be said about registering to vote in the first place.
    It doesn’t, really, matter about Vote ID. The powers that be that don’t like an outcome will find a way around it. I have the right to vote, and excercise it, every time. When I walked out of early voting last week, I wondered if my vote would count. That is the state of our beloved Country.

    Sadly, I live in Montgomery County, now, because of fam. I felt like a fish out of the water. Gerrymandering, and all.
    Last edited by littlelady; 11-09-2018 at 12:59 AM.



Members who have read this thread: 108

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |