Voting without ID

direxpgw

Every time I go into a voting station I walk out with the same thought. Why in the hell is it not required to show a simple ID to vote? I mean wouldn’t it be so simple to whip out a DL or passport to verify who you are to avoid any double voting or even the possible mere appearance of impropriety for fraudulent voting. I have never fully understand those who are against this. I have to show an ID if I’m speeding down the highway, want to buy a bottle of wine, fly across country, or virtually anything in society. Instead, I get asked my name, dob and zip code. I mean I coulda gone in and voted for my father, neighbor or best friend. I just shake my head at the retardation of it all. Anyways, rant over and time for work.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It would interfere with Democrats ability to impersonate the dead for extra votes.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Every time I go into a voting station I walk out with the same thought. Why in the hell is it not required to show a simple ID to vote? I mean wouldn’t it be so simple to whip out a DL or passport to verify who you are to avoid any double voting or even the possible mere appearance of impropriety for fraudulent voting. I have never fully understand those who are against this. I have to show an ID if I’m speeding down the highway, want to buy a bottle of wine, fly across country, or virtually anything in society. Instead, I get asked my name, dob and zip code. I mean I coulda gone in and voted for my father, neighbor or best friend. I just shake my head at the retardation of it all. Anyways, rant over and time for work.

Agree. I offered my drivers license and they said *it's not necessary* and I said "IT SHOULD BE!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have not heard a good reason yet why showing ID to vote shouldn't be mandatory. All I get is, "Because it's RACIST!" - because Democrats don't think that black or Hispanic people drive, or have bank accounts, or get prescription meds, or travel. In my mind, that sort of drivel is racist, but you can't tell these people anything.

black dog

Free America
I have not heard a good reason yet why showing ID to vote shouldn't be mandatory. All I get is, "Because it's RACIST!" - because Democrats don't think that black or Hispanic people drive, or have bank accounts, or get prescription meds, or travel. In my mind, that sort of drivel is racist, but you can't tell these people anything.

It's interesting in MD that you need a State Issued ID to buy alcohol, cigs, vaping supplies, to get into a bar, to get any city, county or state services down to getting a library card, to get any utility hooked up where you reside and on an on..
And with the most important reason to have ID, it's not needed.

Rommey

Actually they are inferring some people are too stupid to get an ID, but they obscure that fact with the racist slant because that's the only way to change the narrative.

SamSpade

In my mind, that sort of drivel is racist, but you can't tell these people anything.

No question about it. I do think that the left is inherently more racist than the right.
All of their rhetoric is predicated on the inability of minority races to do simple things.
That they all do every day.

luvmygdaughters

It's interesting in MD that you need a State Issued ID to buy alcohol, cigs, vaping supplies, to get into a bar, to get any city, county or state services down to getting a library card, to get any utility hooked up where you reside and on an on..
And with the most important reason to have ID, it's not needed.

When you are hired for a job, you have to have a photo ID, social security card, passport, birth certificate, etc something that proves you are who you say you are and are entitled to work in this country. Why than, wouldn't you have to show ID to prove that you are who you say you are and entitled to vote in this country.

Bushy23

When you are hired for a job, you have to have a photo ID, social security card, passport, birth certificate, etc something that proves you are who you say you are and are entitled to work in this country. Why than, wouldn't you have to show ID to prove that you are who you say you are and entitled to vote in this country.

Maybe because the cost and hassle outweighs the benefits? There just isn't a significant amount of voter fraud. Trump's own voter fraud commission found no evidence...even after he claimed millions voted illegally. How many forms of ID would make you happy? Fake IDs are super easy to get. So if your candidate lost, you would just claim it was because of fake IDs....etc.

Tech

One would not be needed if the cross reference the poll books with the MVA photo would be available for the poll worker.. Of course according to the DEM frontrunner all democrats look alike.

limblips

PREMO Member
Hey tranny, here is a chance for you to shine! Please explain why it is wrong to require an ID to prove your eligibility to vote. I am sure you have an insight to this that you could share with us deplorable "ignorati".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe because the cost and hassle outweighs the benefits? There just isn't a significant amount of voter fraud. Trump's own voter fraud commission found no evidence...even after he claimed millions voted illegally. How many forms of ID would make you happy? Fake IDs are super easy to get. So if your candidate lost, you would just claim it was because of fake IDs....etc.

Um, reports of voter fraud are coming out pretty much every week from all across America. Do they not allow you to have news in your world? Have they put blocks on your internet?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You Cannot Get INTO a Congressional Office Building to Visit YOUR Congress Critter Without ID

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Don't you have to be a registered voter to vote? Then why not at the time of registration give said voter a card. You know like maybe a voter ID card.. Then when it comes time to vote, you show said card and vote. OH and BTW when you show said card and vote, you get a check mark or a hole punched in your card that says that you voted.. Then you go home all happy and such.. That wouldn't be racist would it? Jus sayin

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I kinda agree with this, although I am unsure about voter fraud and how much is real and how much is ramped up.

I think a lot of depends on how much voting means to you and how organized you are. I know a lot of people in Baltimore city that just don't drive - they have bus transportation/cabs all over creation - I can imagine the same scenario in other large cities. So that's one form of identification that they may not possess. If you're not an organized person - it's easy to misplace a birth certificate and it can cost anywhere from $25.00 to $85.00 to replace. And if you need a divorce decree if the name is different from birth to marriage there's another $25.00 to $85.00. If you're older and let your license expire does it still count as an ID? How do you get to DMV if you're in a rural area and have no means of transportation other than family? Does your family like you enough to take the time out to take you to DMV? Do you still know where your social security card is - I sure as hell don't.

Maryland is ridiculous when it comes to drivers license renewal - are other states the same I wonder.

I'm not saying that showing an ID is a bad idea - I'm just saying you really got to care about voting and make sure your ducks are in a row as much as several months out sometimes.

You can't do anything if you don't have a photo ID. No bank account, no medication, no credit cards, you cannot check into a motel, you cannot buy alcohol or cigarettes, etc etc etc. I cannot believe that too many people don't have a photo ID of some form.

Ya'll act like it's this monumental task to have a photo ID, and it's not. Nor is it a monumental task to vote. And those who don't care enough about voting to put forth minimal effort, such as getting themselves to the polling place or filing an absentee ballot, I prefer they NOT vote. They clearly don't care, so why are we so hell bent on making them?

black dog

Free America
Don't you have to be a registered voter to vote? Then why not at the time of registration give said voter a card. You know like maybe a voter ID card.. Then when it comes time to vote, you show said card and vote. OH and BTW when you show said card and vote, you get a check mark or a hole punched in your card that says that you voted.. Then you go home all happy and such.. That wouldn't be racist would it? Jus sayin

You get a voters registration card in Md.

8e7a669c664de0daa60bd7fef1e87d99--register-to-vote-online-maryland.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They clearly don't care, so why are we so hell bent on making them?

Democrats can count on a huge boost to their tally by promising something from the coffers to the lazy, ignorant and stupid.

Years ago, think it was in the 92 election, St. Louis Dems were reported funneling homeless people in vans to polling places by providing them liquor and cigarettes. :shrug:

black dog

Free America
Democrats can count on a huge boost to their tally by promising something from the coffers to the lazy, ignorant and stupid.

Years ago, think it was in the 92 election, St. Louis Dems were reported funneling homeless people in vans to polling places by providing them liquor and cigarettes. :shrug:

Marion Berry did worse...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How do you get to DMV if you're in a rural area and have no means of transportation other than family? Does your family like you enough to take the time out to take you to DMV? Do you still know where your social security card is - I sure as hell don't.

seriously ?

if it mattered to someone they would get an ID ....

the facts have been repeatedly stated you can do NOTHING without and ID,
no bank account ....
no SSI ...
you are not cashing your welfare check, let alone GETTING Welfare without an ID ....
ok if you look old enough, you may not get carded for smokes, but most liquor stores have a 100% ID check policy anymore
[well maybe not down in the holla'r - but most towns]

ID's are also offered at little $ 5 bucks or no cost ...

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/drivers/apply/id-card.htm