Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get out and vote

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Perhaps there was one or more ideas and/or platforms from a Dem candidate the voters agreed with?

Dotson lost. He had 16,820 votes. Ellis had 31,629 (34.6% and 65.1%, respectively)
    DEMS DONT HAVE ANY GOOD IDEAS JUST LOOK AT THE COMMUNIST STATE OF MARYLAND

Quote Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28 View Post
    DEMS DONT HAVE ANY GOOD IDEAS JUST LOOK AT THE COMMUNIST STATE OF MARYLAND
    Let's say, hypothetically, Commissioner meetings are held at 10am on a Tuesday making it tough for the general public to be there to give comments.

If I told you a Commissioner candidate had an idea to make the Commissioner meetings, say, 6pm instead of 10am. Is that a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Let's say, hypothetically, Commissioner meetings are held at 10am on a Tuesday making it tough for the general public to be there to give comments.

If I told you a Commissioner candidate had an idea to make the Commissioner meetings, say, 6pm instead of 10am. Is that a good idea?
    If the moon was made out of bar-b-que spare ribs would you eat it

Kansas City Style or Texas Style?

So, having a conversation is out of the question then? Got it.

You know better...
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar

6 PM would be a better idea, as would using modern telecommunications to open the meeting for tele-audience participation.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Thats all I got sorry I had to say something before the starship enterprise picks me up

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    6 PM would be a better idea, as would using modern telecommunications to open the meeting for tele-audience participation.
    I agree.

In Calvert, the only candidate for Commissioner who had that idea was a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    I agree.

In Calvert, the only candidate for Commissioner who had that idea was a Democrat.
    Unfortunately, opening up the meetings to tele-based communications would open it to the likes of some of the people on here.

Honestly... would you want someone like Gillitard having the floor and web-based? Ranting on and on about someone named transporter on camera in his jorts and gulping down Cheetos??

It's people like that which spoil it for those who actually need it to participate.
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Members who have read this thread: 75