What do you call something thats not a wave

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm stickin' with Blue Tempest in a Teacup, since there's so much anger and turmoil from the left.

SamSpade

As mid-terms go, this was rather anti-climactic.

Average House loss per first mid-term, somewhere in the mid 30's.
Average Senate loss per first mid-term - around 4.

What did we get? With MILLIONS spent, low approval rating, highest mid-term turnout
in - well I didn't look it up...

The GOP did *slightly* better than average.

So - no. Doing AVERAGE doesn't count as a "blue wave".

warneckutz

flush-able.

bluewave.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd have to look, but it appears that everyone Trump rallied for won. I wish he'd have focused more on the House races because Maxine and all those psychos being in charge of important committees makes my skin crawl.

Hijinx

I'd have to look, but it appears that everyone Trump rallied for won. I wish he'd have focused more on the House races because Maxine and all those psychos being in charge of important committees makes my skin crawl.

Don't you believe Trump knew what would happen in the House.
It's historical for a mid-term change, it was predicted by everyone.
He gained seats in the Senate which was more important.
He knew what he was doing.

How are we hurt by losing the House? Paul Ryan wasn't doing anything with it anyway. He actually helped us lose it IMO.
He should have left when he said he wasn't running and given someone an opportunity to help.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I wish he'd have focused more on the House races because Maxine and all those psychos being in charge of important committees makes my skin crawl.

yeah but the Senate was more important

every democrat that voted against BK were tossed out last night

PsyOps

Pixelated

And from what I heard reported, everyone that Obama rallied for lost.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How are we hurt by losing the House?

Because they will immediately bring impeachment charges, knowing full well that the Senate will never vote to convict, but they'll do it anyway to appease the psychotics who elected them. It will be an enormous waste of time and money, and hamper our President's ability to continue righting the ship.

Also Dems will be put in charge of important committees, which just makes my skin crawl.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How are we hurt by losing the House?

EVERY New Administrative / Process or Program Action by the Initiated by the Trump Administration will be met with subpoenas and demand to report to a House Committee to explain how or why or just to generally oppose whatever the trump administration is trying to change

look at court case of Suspension of Visitors from certain countries aka the media claimed 'Muslim Ban'
changes in how dreamers are handled
changes in dealing with illegal immigrants

EPA Regulation Changes .....

PsyOps

Pixelated
Don't you believe Trump knew what would happen in the House.
It's historical for a mid-term change, it was predicted by everyone.
He gained seats in the Senate which was more important.
He knew what he was doing.

How are we hurt by losing the House? Paul Ryan wasn't doing anything with it anyway. He actually helped us lose it IMO.
He should have left when he said he wasn't running and given someone an opportunity to help.

On the legislative side of things nothing will get done.

No wall.
Obamacare (which the GOP wasn't doing anything anyway)
Trump's plan to further lower taxes
No cuts in spending

I suppose the list is much longer, but those are what come immediately to mind.

What the dems have promised is to impeach Trump and Kavanaugh. So, expect endless investigations.

limblips

EVERY New Administrative / Process or Program Action by the Initiated by the Trump Administration will be met with subpoenas and demand to report to a House Committee to explain how or why or just to generally oppose whatever the trump administration is trying to change

look at court case of Suspension of Visitors from certain countries aka the media claimed 'Muslim Ban'

But Trump has a phone and a pen!

officeguy

Look at the endless Bengazi hearings and Holder ignoring the Fast&Furious hearings to get an idea how effective the house is at impeding the executives work.

All those are challenges in the courts, many of them are going to make it to supreme court review, and with the new setup there I dont think the administration is worried.