Acosta

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Love it! He's such an a$$.

Daddy is done giving slack to these yahoos.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Levin is nailing the Dems on Hannity's show in his segment.

This_person

Yesterday's press conference had such a chance for a "teachable moment", as our last president liked to call them.

Some Reporter Chick: Thank you, Mr. President. Some social media organizations are accused of censoring certain political opinions right before the election; would you be willing to work with Congress to regulate those industries?

Trump: [Something close to what he actually said: Sure, sure I'd do that. What he should have said: ] Absolutely not. That's a...This is a chance to help you learn something - Barry called it a "teachable moment" *rolls eyes* Whatever...But, let me tell you something, it is not the government's job to regulate business and tell them what their business model should be. I can't regulate speech in my role in the government. But, you know what? You know what? YOU can. If you did your job, what everyone thinks your job should be, you would call out those social media *air quotes* companies whether they are censoring me or the left or the right or whoever....right? Whoever....and you would get the people to change them. Because - and I want you all to hear this - the CITIZENS of the United States have all the power. Not me, not you media folks - and, BOY do you think YOU have the power - but, you don't. The citizens do. YOU tell them what's happening, and they'll stop using those media sites, and those sites will die. If they don't want to die, they'll stop censoring.

Trump, continuing: I can't censor the media, and I won't try. But, you saw li'l Jimmy here from Fake News CNN get physical with my staffer trying to get our microphone back. li'l Jimmy thinks that microphone is his for as long as he wants it, and then was physical with my staff - you saw it with your own eyes! So, li'l Jimmy can ask me any questions he wants when I call on him, but when I'm done with him, he's done. And, he didn't think so - he tried to spin a twisted, dishonest question to me and I told him he was done. He wouldn't listen, and then got physical with my staff, so that's the last time you'll see him here in the White House or around White House staff - I'm telling you! So, he's done here because he couldn't do his job right, not because of the questions he tried to ask. He didn't know his place, and he's done here. That's how you handle these idiots. Whether it's the citizens not going to the websites, or the White House not tolerating a *air quotes, eye roll* journalist - yeah, like he's really a journalist - *more eye rolls* not tolerating that kind of behavior, THAT is how you fix these things. The government does not regulate speech on the internet, or regulate business models of companies - that's not in the constitution. Next question.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Since the cancellation of the Jim Acosta Show, you can find Jim on various media programs, expressing his disappointment, and interviewing for a new position.

Hijinx

The POS showed a complete lack of manners, a lack of respect,and his fellow reporters who would like to ask a question should be glad to be rid of him.
If I were Trump he would never get within the WH gates again.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
he tried to spin a twisted, dishonest question to me and I told him he was done. He wouldn't listen, and then got physical with my staff,

And that is exactly how it went down too.

This_person

That was an interesting briefing. Can't wait for the next episode.

It's certainly what should have been said to that question.

I'm glad he called out the inherent racism in the PBS question - implying that being in favor of "America first" is a racist point of view is racist in and of itself, and I'm glad he said that. It reminded me of a scene in one of the Tom Clancy movies where Jack Ryan's character tells the president "don't deny your friends with the bad guy, admit it and take it further - give them nowhere to go". It was perfect.

Chris0nllyn

The POS showed a complete lack of manners, a lack of respect,and his fellow reporters who would like to ask a question should be glad to be rid of him.
If I were Trump he would never get within the WH gates again.

Do you think the press has an obligation to ask soft questions and be sure the President (or any elected/public official) doesn't get their feelings hurt?

Chris0nllyn

You understand this has nothing to do with the questions, or how hard they are, right?

I asked the question I did because the person I quoted said Acosta "showed a complete lack of manners, a lack of respect" and I'm just curious when we decided the press requires manners and respect while talking to a President that apparently has none.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since the cancellation of the Jim Acosta Show, you can find Jim on various media programs, expressing his disappointment, and interviewing for a new position.

On Twitter other users mock his posts by going, "Dear Diary..."

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you think the press has an obligation to ask soft questions and be sure the President (or any elected/public official) doesn't get their feelings hurt?

I'm pretty sure nobody said that, although that is exactly what the press did with Obama. So there's that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I asked the question I did because the person I quoted said Acosta "showed a complete lack of manners, a lack of respect" and I'm just curious when we decided the press requires manners and respect while talking to a President that apparently has none.

Ooh! I can answer that question!

Any given reporter gets one, maybe two, questions. Then the mic gets turned over to another reporter so they can ask a question or two. Acosta has a nasty habit of hogging the spotlight while haranguing the President and not giving others a chance. THAT is the lack of manners and lack of respect, and Trump was crystal clear that's what he was talking about.

Now.

Perhaps YOU think that every presser should be The Jim Acosta Show, but other reporters have a job to do as well, and it's not fair when one egomaniac grandstanding reporter takes up all the time.

MiddleGround

Sort of...

The Press "should" ask the hard questions. The difference with acosta being, that they need to be asked with respect and dignity. Regardless of what they or you 'think' about Trump... he IS the POTUS! That position demands respect. Anyone who says any differently is ignorant in my opinion. Same goes with whatever color is filling the role. Democrat, Republican, Indy, etc. They are the POTUS and should be treated with respect and dignity.

Acosta clearly felt that he could grab sound bites and maybe ratings by acting like a douche. He was wrong and now he will have to go back to his boss and justify why they need to keep him around. Once again, I would expect the POTUS to do the same if he/she were a Dem and it was some right-leaning agency.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Serious question, though:

Is that what your prog media sources are telling you happened? That Trump didn't want to answer Acosta's "tough" questions, so Trump booted him out?

Because there's video. Lots and lots of it, going back over the last two years.