Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after fall in her office

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think because of Trump, RBG is determined to stay on the bench as long as possible.

She may not have a choice in the matter.

If I were a religious person, I'd say this is God's trade off. "Okay, you crazies can have the House. But I'll be taking this in exchange..."

black dog

Free America
Probably true, however, if she is unable, due to health issues, to fulfill her duties, couldn't she be forced to resign?

I don't believe so, it's happened before in out history.
There is nothing magical about the Court being fully constituted; as long as the Court continues to have a quorum (currently six Justices), it will continue to function as the highest court of the land. It would be highly unlikely that a Justice would be impeached solely on grounds of health.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If I were a religious person, I'd say this is God's trade off. "Okay, you crazies can have the House. But I'll be taking this in exchange..."

well about that ....

.... a Christian Author wrote a book, basically saying God was using Trump to appoint some 5 SCOTUS Justices in all

well we have 2 so far, and retained Stronger control of the Senate

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
well about that ....

.... a Christian Author wrote a book, basically saying God was using Trump to appoint some 5 SCOTUS Justices in all

well we have 2 so far, and retained Stronger control of the Senate

Well, honestly, if there is a God I hope He has better things to worry about than American politics.

Hijinx

"I pray for Ruth Bader Ginsberg every day," Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., said Sunday. "We cannot allow one more Supreme Court justice to be nominated and get through the Senate by this president, or we’ll lose that court for over a generation."

Senator Bob is a real winner. He prays for her every day so that trump cannot appoint another Judge to the court.
Nice to know you are thinking about her Bob.

It's a damned shame that the Supreme Court , the highest court in the land is now a political prize.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Thank goodness it happened at work where there were people around to assist her.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Too soon?

Attachments

• funeral.JPG
    funeral.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 176

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
She may not have a choice in the matter.

:yay:
See...there is something to be said for Karma and the like.

Last edited: