Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: But...btu Gilligan said this wouldn't happen!!

  1. #1

    But...btu Gilligan said this wouldn't happen!!

    The bull market's biggest buyer is back — companies are buying back stock at a record pace this month

    The stock market's biggest buying force is on track to post a historic November as corporations resume a rapid pace of share buybacks after third-quarter earnings announcements.

    "November is shaping up to be the strongest buyback month on record," J.P. Morgan quantitative strategist Marko Kolanovic wrote in a note to clients Wednesday, citing activity observed by the bank's trading desk
    But that can't be!!! Gilligan said that would never happen! ALL the tax cut money would be poured into new factories and new hires!!!

    Oh...right...sorry, long day and I am tired. I forgot for a moment...Gilligan is a f***ing moron.

  2. #2
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    42,552
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  3. #3
    You are a double hoot. That is prize winning, and you should be nominated for poster child of something on the left. You might beat Maxine, Nancy, Alexandria, Elizabeth, Adam, Chuck, Keith, Hillary, Barry, Bill, Michelle, etal. And, to give you a break, I won’t be a spelling Nazi. But, seriously, if you are to go off on Republicans, please spell correctly. Thanks.

    The ‘btu’ was interesting in your title.
    Last edited by littlelady; 11-09-2018 at 01:25 AM.



  4. #4
    “BTU Gilligan”......has a nice ring to it. I like it.


    And Tranny is lying; I’ve posted numerous times that I have zero issues with the stock buybacks.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 11-09-2018 at 07:11 AM.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

  5. #5
    Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    California, MD
    Posts
    13,920
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    The bull market's biggest buyer is back — companies are buying back stock at a record pace this month



    But that can't be!!! Gilligan said that would never happen! ALL the tax cut money would be poured into new factories and new hires!!!

    Oh...right...sorry, long day and I am tired. I forgot for a moment...Gilligan is a f***ing moron.
    Why is this bad, just because they aren't distributing their assets how you want them too?
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Why is this bad, just because they aren't distributing their assets how you want them too?
    It's not bad. Especially if you have your retirement in the stock market. But as was mentioned before, if you assume these buybacks are funded with savings from the tax cut, then they aren't being reinvested and "creating jobs" which was at least one of the larger talking points associated with the cut.

    Of course, buy-backs increase the paper value of the company and put money back into the pockets of investors who can now invest in other companies or re-invest in the same company driving the paper value higher which allows them to leverage more debt to build out their company without having to dilute their ownership.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    But as was mentioned before, if you assume these buybacks are funded with savings from the tax cut, then they aren't being reinvested and "creating jobs" which was at least one of the larger talking points associated with the cut..
    But in reality...jobs are being created at a very healthy rate, and wages are going up. Seems that the buybacks and growth/job creation are not mutually exclusive activities. Tranny wouldn't understand that.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    But in reality...jobs are being created at a very healthy rate, and wages are going up. Seems that the buybacks and growth/job creation are not mutually exclusive activities. Tranny wouldn't understand that.
    Have you experienced job growth or a boom in your "business?"
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Have you experienced job growth or a boom in your "business?"
    What business?
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    What business?
    The business that you claim to own. Or, was all that
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Members who have read this thread: 36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |