But...btu Gilligan said this wouldn't happen!!

transporter

The bull market's biggest buyer is back — companies are buying back stock at a record pace this month

The stock market's biggest buying force is on track to post a historic November as corporations resume a rapid pace of share buybacks after third-quarter earnings announcements.

"November is shaping up to be the strongest buyback month on record," J.P. Morgan quantitative strategist Marko Kolanovic wrote in a note to clients Wednesday, citing activity observed by the bank's trading desk

But that can't be!!! Gilligan said that would never happen! ALL the tax cut money would be poured into new factories and new hires!!!

Oh...right...sorry, long day and I am tired. I forgot for a moment...Gilligan is a f***ing moron.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You are a double hoot. That is prize winning, and you should be nominated for poster child of something on the left. You might beat Maxine, Nancy, Alexandria, Elizabeth, Adam, Chuck, Keith, Hillary, Barry, Bill, Michelle, etal. :lol: And, to give you a break, I won’t be a spelling Nazi. But, seriously, if you are to go off on Republicans, please spell correctly. Thanks.

The ‘btu’ was interesting in your title.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
“BTU Gilligan”......has a nice ring to it. I like it.

And Tranny is lying; I’ve posted numerous times that I have zero issues with the stock buybacks.:yay:

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Clem72

Why is this bad, just because they aren't distributing their assets how you want them too?

It's not bad. Especially if you have your retirement in the stock market. But as was mentioned before, if you assume these buybacks are funded with savings from the tax cut, then they aren't being reinvested and "creating jobs" which was at least one of the larger talking points associated with the cut.

Of course, buy-backs increase the paper value of the company and put money back into the pockets of investors who can now invest in other companies or re-invest in the same company driving the paper value higher which allows them to leverage more debt to build out their company without having to dilute their ownership.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But as was mentioned before, if you assume these buybacks are funded with savings from the tax cut, then they aren't being reinvested and "creating jobs" which was at least one of the larger talking points associated with the cut..

But in reality...jobs are being created at a very healthy rate, and wages are going up. Seems that the buybacks and growth/job creation are not mutually exclusive activities. Tranny wouldn't understand that.

MiddleGround

But in reality...jobs are being created at a very healthy rate, and wages are going up. Seems that the buybacks and growth/job creation are not mutually exclusive activities. Tranny wouldn't understand that.

Have you experienced job growth or a boom in your "business?"

MiddleGround

If you believe so....let’s go with that. In front of all the people that know me. ;-)

Simple yes or no would suffice.

Do you , in fact, own your own business? and Is it booming due to the Trump incentives and breaks?

Why so elusive about this if you are so proud?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why so elusive about this if you are so proud?

Because you are such a stupidly presumptive and totally insufferable arse? Except for that, you mean? VFC job not keeping you busy enough?

You already decided that I don't own a business. So go with that. ;-)

MiddleGround

Because you are such a stupidly presumptive and totally insufferable arse? Except for that, you mean? VFC job not keeping you busy enough?

You already decided that I don't own a business. So go with that. ;-)

I simply asked you 2 questions to which you could answer Yes or No.

So far, you have failed miserably to do even that simple task. No Ginko today?

For someone who always claims to be so proud of what they have done, you seem very reluctant to say so :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I simply asked you 2 questions to which you could answer Yes or No.

So far, you have failed miserably to do even that simple task. No Ginko today?

For someone who always claims to be so proud of what they have done, you seem very reluctant to say so :shrug:

It's more fun to just watch you twist and squirm as you bounce aimlessly between your various theories. Don't you have some forum policing to do? :lmao: