Revelation 12 That woman

seekeroftruth

Revelation 12:1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.​

Ok... this is close to the part my neighbor knows.... it's almost time for the seven headed dragon stuff.... but first.... I need a quick review so I don't loose my place.

John, the apostle who was best friends with Jesus, was stuck on the Island of Patmos. It's pretty deserted so it's a perfect place for John to work. His job is to write what he sees unless told otherwise.

By now the churches have mostly gone south. For one reason or another, they have gone astray. Spreading The Gospel is no longer the focus... well, all but one... and it's just barely hanging on.

Then... in this vision.... John was invited to Jesus' place. That's where John saw that throne.... it had four living creatures in it.... and it was so alive... it was throwing energy everywhere.

Then that scroll was brought out.... it had seven seals.... and only Jesus could open it.... see they needed someone who knew what humans had to go thru in a day.... all the emotions, drama, and other crap that comes along.... and that someone had to have conquered death on earth as well.... and there was only one .... Jesus....

So Jesus started opening the seals.... The first four seals brought the four horses of the apocalypse. Those four horses brought conquest, hate, famine and disease, and death. The fifth seal concerned all those who had been standing up for Jesus since the beginning. They were all given their robes and crowns, then Jesus told them to hang tight for a little while longer. The sixth seal brought an earthquake so severe, government is no help.... people are hiding in caves begging for it to end.

When Jesus opened the seventh seal.... Seven trumpets were brought out....and an angel set off what appeared to be [IMHO] a meteorite storm.... or it could be a pyroclastic event as in a volcanic eruption [IMHO].

• A third of the trees and grass were destroyed
  • A third of the sea turned to blood and a third of everything in it or on it died
  • A third of the fresh water on earth was turned bitter
  • A third of the daylight in a day was darkened

The last three trumpets were so bad.... the angels said "woe"

• A star hit the earth that opened an abyse and bugs fly out.... these bugs bite and their bite is so bad, victims beg to die but they can't
  • Angels had been waiting for the sixth trumpet... they were released to kill one third of mankind

Meanwhile, Jesus gathered 144,000 Jewish troops.... 12,000 from each tribe.
Two witnesses were placed just so.... they withheld rain so they caused hardship and preached the truth no one wanted to hear.... when they were killed... everyone threw parties and gave presents.... but then.... God called.... everyone heard it... and then those two dead bodies... puffed and putrid.... stood up and flew up to heaven.

So now... anyone who is still alive when this final trumpet sounds and the third woe is set loose.... there is probably no one left on earth remotely interested in Salvation. The third woe is pending.

I think that's where I am....So.... back to the verses.... This is from Amazingdiscoveries.org.

The Bible portrays the great controversy between Christ and Satan in terms of three characters: the Dragon, the Woman, and the Man Child. They are first introduced in Eden where the dragon won an initial engagement with the woman. Bitter conflict ensues between the serpent and the woman, between his seed, and her seed. Ultimate victory comes through a single Seed of the woman, who crushes the serpent’s head, at the same time suffering a deadly bite to the heel. Genesis 3:15. Chapter 12 of Revelation portrays the whole sweet of the drama from its origin in heaven, to Satan’s attack on Jesus, through the persecutions of the Dark Ages, until the final conflict at the time of the end.

Throughout the Bible a pure “woman” is a symbol of God’s true church while a harlot represents a corrupt church. Hosea 1:2; Ezekiel 16; 2 Corinthians 11:2.

She is said to be “clothed with the sun,” the glory of the gospel of Christ, and have “the moon under her feet,” the reflected glory of Christ as foreshadowed in the Old Testament sanctuary services and rituals. John 8:12; Colossians 2:11-17. The “crown of twelve stars” represents the twelve apostles. The woman who gives birth to Messiah represents the true church through its entire history—from Adam and the Jewish nation to the Christian Church.

Wow... that all makes perfect sense. The church is responsible for spreading the True Gospel.... not some convenient version. Then again, I just read in 2 Kings 19 that God sent the angel of death and wiped out 185,000 troops in the silence of the night... so if John says there was a woman with twelve stars and the moon and stars...

This is from the easy English site.

The events that follow the seventh (7th) trumpet include the 7 last troubles. These are in chapters 15 and 16. In chapters 12 to 14, John wrote about events that happen before those troubles.

John saw a great sign in the sky. In other words, he saw a series of strange pictures. And these pictures had a meaning.

The action was in the sky and on the earth. It was not in heaven where God lives. John saw a woman who was ready to give birth to a son. John described her in a strange way. He wrote that her dress was the sun. The moon was beneath her feet. She wore a crown. And there were 12 stars in her crown.

Joseph had a dream (Genesis 37:9-11). In that dream, he saw the sun, the moon and 11 stars. The sun meant Jacob who was also called Israel. The moon meant Jacob’s wife. The stars meant Joseph’s brothers. The 12 tribes of Israel came from Joseph and his brothers. So, the woman whom John saw meant the nation called Israel.

The woman cried out because of the pains of birth. The Christ would be born into the nation called Israel.

Well, I'm caught up.... I think....

:coffee: