Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump said he doesn't know Whitaker

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    wow ....

Trump Knows OF Whitaker .... he does not 'KNOW' Whitaker

is English really that ####ing difficult
    Maybe he meant he didn't know him in the biblical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    Who knows? I know people - sort of - but don't KNOW them.
    As in, I know my niece's husband - but - no I don't really know him other than he's a good guy.

But I love how the left just loses it over this kind of stuff.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Every once in a while - I wish we had a politician instead of a businessman.
    I never do.

I liken it to buying a car: I'd rather have the guy who is a little fumbling but is trustworthy than the slick salesviper who I know is going to bend me over. People fall for slick talkers every day, and continue to worship them even after they realize they've been conned - this is why politicians do it, because it works. But I hate that and the first thing anyone can do to make me reject them is try to hustle me and insult my intelligence with "You're looking lovely today, Mrs. Cleaver" bull####.

I didn't vote for Trump to slick talk me and give me the feels, nor did I vote for him to be my bestie. I voted for him to lead the country, and so far I'm happy with that.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    I think Trump knows that no matter what he says, the progpress is going to lose their hivemind and start picking it apart. So he doesn't worry about it anymore and just says what he says. My take on his comments is that he knows who Whitaker is, but they aren't personal friends who go way back. So on one hand, he knows him; on the other hand, he doesn't.

Either way, I'm not worried about it.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 35