Today's AP Fact Check...a real doozy!

transporter

I figured this would be a doozy of a week to fact check our inept, incompetent and unfit President!!

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s election fiction on GOP wins, economy

THE FACTS: Trump is wrong to suggest that congressional candidates won in every state where he held a rally on their behalf.

TRUMP: “Fifty-five is the largest number of Republican senators in the last 100 years.” — news conference Wednesday.

THE FACTS: His party didn’t win 55 Senate seats Tuesday. Republicans held 55 seats in the Senate in 2005-2006, as well as 1997-2000, according to the Senate historian’s office.

After Tuesday’s elections, Republicans will hold a 51-46 edge, with races in Florida and Arizona too close to call. A special election in Mississippi has advanced to a runoff election on Nov. 27 between Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith and Democrat Mike Espy. That means 54 Republican seats if those three races all break the GOP’s way.

THE FACTS: The economy is healthy, but it’s not unbelievable or unprecedented. It’s also not clear what he means in claiming the nation’s “greatest economic success” ever.

The economy expanded at a 4.2 percent annual rate in the April-June quarter, then by 3.5 percent in the July-September quarter. Those are the best two quarters in just four years. Growth reached 5.1 percent in the second quarter of 2014, followed by 4.9 percent in the third quarter.

The economy has boomed much more dramatically in the past. In the late 1990s, growth topped 4 percent for four straight years. It reached 7.2 percent in 1984. The unemployment rate is now at an impressive 50-year low of 3.7 percent. But it remained below 4 percent for nearly four years in the late 1960s.

THE FACTS: He’s exaggerating...

The United States has added 5,500 steel jobs since Trump entered the White House for a total of 86,500. Before the Great Recession, there were about 100,000 steel jobs. Aluminum factories have added 2,600 jobs since the inauguration for a total of 60,100. These are minor changes in an economy with almost 150 million jobs.

Meanwhile, not many miners are working again. Coal mining jobs have increased just 1,900 to 52,600 since Trump’s inauguration. That’s also a lot lower than the roughly 70,000 coal mining jobs that existed as recently as 2014.

TRUMP: “China got rid of their ‘China ’25’ because I found it very insulting. I said that to them. I said, ‘China ‘25’ is very insulting, because ‘China ‘25’ means, in 2025, they’re going to take over, economically, the world. I said, ‘That’s not happening.’” — news conference Wednesday.

THE FACTS: There’s no evidence China has abandoned its economic plan.

What a buffoon...the guy lies about everything.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Your inept, incompetent, and unfit fact checkers? You're a buffoon...we know they lie about everything.:razz:

Hijinx

Might I ask a question?

The Associated Press delivers in-depth coverage on today's Big Story including top stories, international, politics, lifestyle, business, entertainment, and more.

When did it become a duty of a news gathering Association to offer their services as fact checkers.
And how can anyone trust the fact finding of a known biased media representative.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Things you can trust more than the progressive media:

• Expired milk
  • Truck stop sushi
  • Love letters from inmates
  • Facebook’s respect for free speech
  • Someone asking you for your Social Security number over the phone
  • That Nigerian prince asking you for money on the Internet
  • That camera in the bathroom
  • Taking a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time
  • Being the only girl in a room full of Syrian refugees
  • Michael Vick dog sitting
  • Dick Cheney behind you with a shotgun
  • O.J. Simpson with a glove and a knife
  • Vince Foster’s “suicide” note
  • Carpooling with Ted Kennedy
  • A blood transfusion from Charlie Sheen
  • Having Bernie Madoff as your financial adviser

PsyOps

Pixelated

• Expired milk
  • Truck stop sushi

Bill Clinton saying "I did not have sexual relations with..."

truby20

Fighting like a girl

• Expired milk
  • Truck stop sushi

Did you honestly take time to think all these things out? Or is it a standard cut and paste?

Of course, it's a cut and paste, and of course you'd never acknowledge you weren't the author, what's the fun in that? You're just a thief

from two years ago https://www.wnd.com/2016/07/top-30-things-more-trusted-than-hillary/

littlelady

God bless the USA
Lovely forum you run here Vrai

In vrai’s defense, she can’t control what is said here. She can only act, accordingly. Sometimes, I think she looks the other way. And, yes, the post you are reacting to was extremely crass, and not warranted. ‘What’ is a person to ‘Do’? :lol: I have experienced crap and given crap on this forum. I am still here, for now. It is called choice; like voting, or when your vote gets corrupted, or something like that. All, we can do is go with the here, and now. Being mad, and carrying grudges zaps a lot of energy, and only hurts yourself. :smile:

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
In vrai’s defense, she can’t control what is said here. She can only act, accordingly. Sometimes, I think she looks the other way. And, yes, the post you are reacting to was extremely crass, and not warranted. ‘What’ is a person to ‘Do’? :lol: I have experienced crap and given crap on this forum. I am still here, for now. It is called choice; like voting, or when your vote gets corrupted, or something like that. All, we can do is go with the here, and now. Being mad, and carrying grudges zaps a lot of energy, and only hurts yourself. :smile:

Choice???? YAFKM...
The only reason anyone is " Here " is because The Boss Lady Allows Us to Be Here.
The only reason you are" Here " is because she allowed you back with a new screen name..
And it IS a lovely forum.

The media has a responsibility to call out the President or any person in power when they constantly misrepresent the facts. That doesn't mean they make up facts or lie; they're just doing their job. As Anuj Kumar says:

"Media is supplying the political information that voters base their decisions on. They identify problems in our society and serve as a medium for deliberation. They also serve as watchdogs that we rely on for uncovering errors and wrongdoings by those who have power." That's what the media does. They're a check on the politicians. That's a healthy part of our society.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
"Media is supplying the political information that voters base their decisions on. They identify problems in our society and serve as a medium for deliberation. They also serve as watchdogs that we rely on for uncovering errors and wrongdoings by those who have power." That's what the media does. They're a check on the politicians. That's a healthy part of our society.

Wonderful description.... So, why exactly, weren't they as diligent about doing that from 2009 to 2017?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The media has a responsibility to call out the President or any person in power when they constantly misrepresent the facts. That doesn't mean they make up facts or lie; they're just doing their job. As Anuj Kumar says:

Anuj Kumar
Anuj Kumar Chaudhary is a retired amateur Indian freestyle wrestler, who competed in the men's light heavyweight category. Wikipedia

:shrug:

yeah that is rich .... the lying media a watch dog

Hijinx

It's great description of what the media should be doing.

However when they report with bias they neuter what their purpose is.
And the media in case you haven't noticed is totally biased.

The press was diligent in their pursuit of the truth from 2009 to 2017. The difference is they didn't have to fact check Obama five times a day for lies and misrepresentations.