Stop reports...

GregV814

Girls “of color” color undefined, are three times more likely to face suspension from school than white girls. A commission will be formed to investigate.

limblips

Girls “of color” color undefined, are three times more likely to face suspension from school than white girls. A commission will be formed to investigate.

This is like studying the need for a new bridge. We all know the answer but we will look good if we do a study.

GregV814

Well, if you have a bag of trail mix that is 80% peanuts and the remainer of m&m’s, raisins and cashews, each handful will have many more peanuts. Do we need a study to find out why?

glhs837

Power with Control
This is like studying the need for a new bridge. We all know the answer but we will look good if we do a study.
disciplinary
Not at all. What this does is allow for "differential justice". Where teachers are afraid to initiate disciplinary action against anyone less white than a member of the British Royal family.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it's sad that white bureaucrats don't give a damn about what's causing a problem, they only care about the optics of it. In Vrai's world we find out why black students are doing the things that cause them to be suspended and address it; we don't just fudge the numbers and make it go away on paper.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think it's sad that white bureaucrats don't give a damn about what's causing a problem, they only care about the optics of it. In Vrai's world we find out why black students are doing the things that cause them to be suspended and address it; we don't just fudge the numbers and make it go away on paper.

Yeah... like anyone wants to hear what a white person has to say about problems in the black community.

Kinnakeet

i think it's sad that white bureaucrats don't give a damn about what's causing a problem, they only care about the optics of it. In vrai's world we find out why black students are doing the things that cause them to be suspended and address it; we don't just fudge the numbers and make it go away on paper.
its bamas fault

Yeah... like anyone wants to hear what a white person has to say about problems in the black community.

In my (white) experience as the mother of a (black) child, people within the black community often think the problems of the black community originate from without, not within...and it's very difficult to correct that mentality systemically.

To Vrai's point also - it's not difficult to find out why they aren't behaving. I have daily insight into that. It IS difficult to fix it if they don't a) see it as a problem (or, heaven forbid they actually condone the behavior) or b) don't want to accept responsibility and make changes.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
In my (white) experience as the mother of a (black) child, people within the black community often think the problems of the black community originate from without, not within...and it's very difficult to correct that mentality systemically.

To Vrai's point also - it's not difficult to find out why they aren't behaving. I have daily insight into that. It IS difficult to fix it if they don't a) see it as a problem (or, heaven forbid they actually condone the behavior) or b) don't want to accept responsibility and make changes.

I would like to get more insight from you on this subject. Since you are a lot closer to this than most people.

My son played baseball at Great Mills high school. I went to as many games as possible. The team was mixed as far as racial makeup. The kids sat in the dugout and rooted on their team. For the most part they were civil. There may have been some pushing and shoving between team mates, but always done in a non aggressive manner.

Fast forward 6 years. My son is now a baseball coach at a Baltimore county public school. The entire team is made up of minorities. I'd drive up to some of the home games. The dugout noise was always at a high level. There was a lot more grabbing and pushing when compared to 6 years earlier. The team often targeted the other team on a personal level. Moms & sisters weren't' off limits to the verbal abuse. The team seemed like they needed a lot more supervision to just do the basic team chores, like picking up gear after the game. Some players would be running around cackling and laughing, while ignoring the commands of the 2 adults.

Also hardly any family members came out to watch the games. At GM, over half of the team had at least 1 and often 2 parents in attendance.

My son attended Evans elementary school for kindergarten. It's in PG county. Then for first grade he switched to a magnet program at Owens road. The PTA at Evans was well attended. It was often standing room only. While Owens being a magnet program with roughly a ratio of 80% minority & 20% Caucasian, there were very few parents at the PTA meetings.

I'm not sure why those 2 examples are different but the contrast was quite noticable.

FED_UP

Well some places are sport oriented over time city by city, community by comunity I would say. I am going to guess that the poverty level was more than the norm and with poverty comes less parenting due to lack of parenting (cycle continues). Leads to less child discipline at home and elsewhere, sort of like brain washing I guess. One thing I can't stand is babies having babies, no discipline their at all. I think in life when you struggle more it surely Fxxxs up your attitude, these kids get chances and choices but no guidance or discipline, except school maybe. Well just some thoughts IMO. I could write a lot more but this is a huge issue.

DannyMotorcycle

idiots in society.. it's the culture that democrats built, taking fathers from the home and financially enticing mothers to do so with welfare. A two parent household, and a household with a male present, is going to have a lot more discipline than a single mother household. then you have the idiots who think criminals and those from the cultures of failure and abandonment don't commit crime more outside of racial norms.. as if 13% of the prison population should be black because 13% of people are black... Hey idiot, people don't go to jail for their skin color, they go to jail for their actions. The racial makeup of hte prison population should match the racial make up of the statistics of all the crimes committed. Liberals dont' understand things like logic and statistics.. they just notice something and then emotionally attribute it to something like the idiots that they are.

if white girls are disciplined less, could it be possible that they are breaking the rules less? nooo.. If other cultures have less discipline, it's not about their skin color, it's about how they were raised. Skin color can't convey a persons culture. Nor sex. Sex and skin color are not causes of behavior, they're just attributes because we're human and have to have the attributes. They mistake disadvantage for privilege. Having 2 parents isn't privilege, it's normalcy. If you don't have that, it doesnt' mean the other person has privilege, it means you have disadvantage.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
idiots in society.. it's the culture that democrats built, taking fathers from the home and financially enticing mothers to do so with welfare. A two parent household, and a household with a male present, is going to have a lot more discipline than a single mother household. then you have the idiots who think criminals and those from the cultures of failure and abandonment don't commit crime more outside of racial norms.. as if 13% of the prison population should be black because 13% of people are black... Hey idiot, people don't go to jail for their skin color, they go to jail for their actions. The racial makeup of hte prison population should match the racial make up of the statistics of all the crimes committed. Liberals dont' understand things like logic and statistics.. they just notice something and then emotionally attribute it to something like the idiots that they are.

if white girls are disciplined less, could it be possible that they are breaking the rules less? nooo.. If other cultures have less discipline, it's not about their skin color, it's about how they were raised. Skin color can't convey a persons culture. Nor sex. Sex and skin color are not causes of behavior, they're just attributes because we're human and have to have the attributes. They mistake disadvantage for privilege. Having 2 parents isn't privilege, it's normalcy. If you don't have that, it doesnt' mean the other person has privilege, it means you have disadvantage.

You had me at “it’s the culture that democrats built”...:yay:

Hannibal

This stuff is everywhere. Yahoo carries articles on it EVERYDAY. Here is the latest one I saw this morning: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dun...man-tries-use-stores-free-wifi-033324804.html

White Dunkin Donuts owner called out black patron for setting up in her store (for free Wi-Fi) without a purchase. Granted, it says that the customer had intended to buy some coffee, but just the same, the interaction and claim by the customer is not surprising.

I find it funny that a business owner, she is not allowed to minimize those who mooch of her services by insisting they are actively making purchases. To me, your free Wi-Fi perk is continued until your cup of coffee is consumed. Then you can either make a new purchase or GTFO. It seems this woman was actually setting up in this store for the purpose of the free WiFi. That sounds like you're taking advantage of a complimentary service for reasons well outside its intended purpose.

And when called on it, she quickly claims it's because of her skin color. Really? Nothing to do with you being a mooch and the owner getting tired of it? Because the owner is managing HER business, she is now blasted on social media by those who are gang-piling on her over a video. She is now seen by many as a bigot because she is simply managing her business. That is BS.

Flip the script and have the roles reversed and these same people crying racism would mock the white woman over her position. "Look at this white woman claiming profiling! Like she knows!"

Sh!t gets old. And people continue to seek out and film this crap and the media sources keep promoting it as if it's the everyday norm. It's a cycle that fuels itself.

Kinnakeet

this stuff is everywhere. Yahoo carries articles on it everyday. Here is the latest one i saw this morning: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dun...man-tries-use-stores-free-wifi-033324804.html

white dunkin donuts owner called out black patron for setting up in her store (for free wi-fi) without a purchase. Granted, it says that the customer had intended to buy some coffee, but just the same, the interaction and claim by the customer is not surprising.

I find it funny that a business owner, she is not allowed to minimize those who mooch of her services by insisting they are actively making purchases. To me, your free wi-fi perk is continued until your cup of coffee is consumed. Then you can either make a new purchase or gtfo. It seems this woman was actually setting up in this store for the purpose of the free wifi. That sounds like you're taking advantage of a complimentary service for reasons well outside its intended purpose.

And when called on it, she quickly claims it's because of her skin color. Really? Nothing to do with you being a mooch and the owner getting tired of it? Because the owner is managing her business, she is now blasted on social media by those who are gang-piling on her over a video. She is now seen by many as a bigot because she is simply managing her business. That is bs.

Flip the script and have the roles reversed and these same people crying racism would mock the white woman over her position. "look at this white woman claiming profiling! Like she knows!"

sh!t gets old. And people continue to seek out and film this crap and the media sources keep promoting it as if it's the everyday norm. It's a cycle that fuels itself.
obama and the dems are the ones who have made this a great big mess:patriot::patriot:

BernieP

Resident PIA
disciplinary
Not at all. What this does is allow for "differential justice". Where teachers are afraid to initiate disciplinary action against anyone less white than a member of the British Royal family.

The answer one former principal at GMHS had was to simply tell teachers not to refer "students" to the office for discipline.
Problem solved, the discipline problems at GMHS went down.
The other part enacted by SMCPS was to include all "participants" in a fight in the disciplinary action. That meant the victim of an attack or even an innocent bystander who was knocked down were disciplined.
Equal justice for all, as long as the numbers show it's equal. Truth doesn't matter, what matters is the numbers. Because in the end, when the school system goes to Baltimore for money, that's what the State Board of Ed is going to look at, the metrics.