Local Business RC Theatres at Lexington Exchange

Really? You charge $4.25 for a bottle of water? $5 for a small soda? And people ask me why I've never gone there!!!! 4 years from now and they'll be history!

littlelady

God bless the USA
Sheesh! We haven’t been to a theatre movie in many, many years. Now, I know we won’t ever go, again.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
On the rare occasion the Missus and I go out to a movie, we go to the base theater.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Really? You charge $4.25 for a bottle of water? $5 for a small soda? And people ask me why I've never gone there!!!! 4 years from now and they'll be history!

Well, ..... in all fairness, at first run theaters, about 95% of the movie ticket price goes to the producers of the movie. After about a week or so, that percentage goes down leaving more take for the theater. The longer the movie plays at a theater, the lower that percentage goes, further increasing the theater's take. So they have to charge those high prices for the concessions. If they didn't the business model would not work. Projectors cost $$$$$$ big bucks. Buildings cost. Labor costs. etc.

glhs837

Power with Control
Really these prices are not out of line with what you pay in other theaters. WE dont go out to the movies often, not with the system I've built here, but when we do we go to the AMC for reserved seats and full recline with tons of elbow room. It being in the "bad" part of town downtown bother me as myself or my son are not the target audience for a robbery.

PeoplesElbow

The theater in the mall back home is right across from a Dollar Tree, you would not believe how many sodas, waters, candybars etc get sold at Dollar Tree and make their way into that theater.

Just saying...If you cant go 2 hrs without a drink or candy bar put it in your pocket when you go in.

Hannibal

My wife has a very large purse that easily accommodates a few juice boxes or a few snack packs for the kids. But I've yet to figure out how to smuggle in the heavily buttered hot popcorn so I'm left with having to purchase it inside. Nowadays though, I can own most movies digitally for under $20 (far cheaper than taking a family of 5 to the movies and you can watch it again for free). Toss in a reason to upgrade your man cave to a projection screen / surround sound system and there's no point in visiting a "movie theater". Nothing better than cracking open a beer and turning up the surround sound til the walls shake.

PeoplesElbow

My wife has a very large purse that easily accommodates a few juice boxes or a few snack packs for the kids. But I've yet to figure out how to smuggle in the heavily buttered hot popcorn so I'm left with having to purchase it inside. Nowadays though, I can own most movies digitally for under $20 (far cheaper than taking a family of 5 to the movies and you can watch it again for free). Toss in a reason to upgrade your man cave to a projection screen / surround sound system and there's no point in visiting a "movie theater". Nothing better than cracking open a beer and turning up the surround sound til the walls shake.

That is what buttered popcorn jelly bellies are for.

Hannibal

That is what buttered popcorn jelly bellies are for.

One would think but around my house, you don't know if you're getting the "normal" jelly beans or the ones made to look like "buttered popcorn" but really taste like heated vomit. Whoever created those "trick" jellybeans is an evil person. Funny. But evil.

MiddleGround

I loved it when I saw they wanted like $6 for 2 White Castle burgers! Those things cost like $0.59 each at an actual White Castle! And they are not microwaved for you either.

DQ2B

The theater in the mall back home is right across from a Dollar Tree, you would not believe how many sodas, waters, candybars etc get sold at Dollar Tree and make their way into that theater.

Just saying...If you cant go 2 hrs without a drink or candy bar put it in your pocket when you go in.

:yeahthat: It's not rocket science. Go buy it at the dollar store and bring it in with you.

ltown81

Ever been to a Baseball game? Football game? Concert? Amusement Park? Anything with concessions not like the local fair? Hell...a bottle of soda costs like $3 from the machines on the boardwalk in Ocean City. If you don't like it, don't go, or eat before hand.